1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

VZ Navigator

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mg4android, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mg4android

mg4android Newbie
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    I use to be able to use the VZ Navigator on my phone on Verizon but now its telling me that this is a monthly 9.99 pay service.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. najaboy

najaboy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2010
    You were likely in a trial period. Navigator has been a subscription service for years. $2.99/day or $9.99/month.

3. w_bovine

w_bovine Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Verizon charges a monthly fee for Navigator. najaboy is correct in that you were in a trial period. When I used Navigator (on a BlackBerry) I found it to be quite good, but there are other solutions for Android that are also very good and are free. I'd look around the Market or AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games before making any final decisions.

4. dansingingfool

None

Aug 23, 2010
    I also used to be able to use VZ Nav for free. My old phone was a Voyager. Now I have an Ally and I cannot use Navigator (without the $10 charge). It has always been a charge service, but it was included with my plan. (Just like whatever let me sync my Hotmail, among other things.) Since then I have gotten an Ally, and Verizon has switched their plans. I don't know which of those is the culprit, but it makes me angry. I loved VZ Navigator. My other theory is that Google just wants you to use their stuff, and won't have anything to do with other peoples' things.

5. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    Long before Google was ever on Verizon's network, VZ Naz was a pay service. I had it on my Storm and had to pay $10 month. I love Google Nav anyway so its not a problem for me..