1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support VZW 4G data connection issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fassopony, Aug 6, 2012.

1. fassopony

fassopony Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Well, Verizon seems to be unable to maintain it's 4G network for data connection. I don't think I should have to do a battery pull every single day in order to get my hTC Rezound to connect to the 4G network. It doesn't even bump down to 3G, it just drops all internet connection off and on every few minutes until you pull the battery.

I'm willing to try AT&T, do they have the same issue? Sprint seems to be going through a growth phase, how are they? I am open to all opinions :)

Advertisement

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Hey fassopony, I moved this to the HTC Rezound forum, thanks for understanding. :)

3. Kyreba

Kyreba Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    I've been having a similar issue. I'm in SoCal & the help direct from Verizon has been lackluster at best. Where r u OP? I never had any problems with my 4G prior to this.

Reading here I think the issue may be that the SIM card is going bad. I put my phone on cdma only & it's been good since then.

I want my 4G back but I don't know what replacing the SIM card will do to the phone & I don't trust the Verizon retail reps to have a clue. Before I update to ICS or lose everything by replacing the SIM card I'm just limping on cdma.

I know & trust the peeps on this forum. Can anyone explain exactly what is stored on the SIM card & what I should be careful of when I go to the V store?

4. fassopony

fassopony Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Its not a sim issue or an area issue. Of course, you can replace your sim anytime you like. A new sim will not affect your phone, its changed if you change your phone number, etc.

I am not sure why a mod in a forum with the premise of being knowledgeable about Android would fail to comprehend that this thread is about a data connection issue and is not specific to a particular phone. The data connection issue happens with all 4G phones on Verizon, not just this one.

5. Steven58

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    New Jersey, US of A
    The guide did the right thing, imo. I have a sim card with VZW with no problem. You may a device issue. You can try to call vzw @ 800 922-0204 or *611, yes I have the numbers memorized, and ask them for a replacement?

agentc13 likes this.
  6. sdsubasketball

None

Sep 29, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    What exactly is your issue with the data? Do you go to specific websites where all the sudden the data drops while going to other websites the data works fine? Or does the data just randomly drop regardless of that and regardless of signal bars?

I have had problems where sometimes I go to facebook.com (desktop and mobile versions) and the 4g drops and reconnects. This also happens with some other website. Sometimes this is an issue, at other times it is not. This issue started not too long ago and before the the data was working fine for the most part, though facebook has had it's issues with it's app.

7. amswink

amswink Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    engineer
    SoCal
    I'm in SoCal (ventura county), and we didn't have much 4g until pretty recently. I didn't have data issues before then since I was mostly on 3g. It's pretty spotty, as far as I can tell. It seems like they've been upgrading and doing maintenance lately. You might not have a SIM issue, it might be the network.

8. fassopony

fassopony Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Getting a clnr will not help a data connection issue. Up until a month or so ago my actual job was as a customer care sup ;). This is how I know this.is a data connection issue and is not device specific.

Yes, it just drops and does not bump down to 3G like it should. It is not website specific. It started about two months ago. I just had to pull the battery to get it working just now. Many friends have the same issue with various 4G devices.

9. gruss

gruss Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    Mine was doing the same thing when I was using HTCs "Auto Sync" widget. Any chance you have that on a home screen. if so get rid of it, I know it sounds like noob troubleshooting thing but I havent had a complete data drop since.
    Just throwing it out there.

10. BB2DROID

BB2DROID Member
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    O.k. had the same problem on my rezound. Finally talked to a csr who owns 2 rezounds. He said HTC knows about it and is working on an update. Long story short, after 6 refurb rezounds they finally agreed to give me the galaxy s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

11. mbrudolph

mbrudolph Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    This problem has started to happen to me all the time in the last month or so but has happened once and a while since I got the phone. Lately it happens several times a day. I'll have 4G connection then it drops, icon on status goes away and never drops to 3G or reconnects to 4G. Only way to get service again is turn phone off. And then most of the time it wont connect to 4G but at least will work on 3G after the reboot.

I'm not going to speculate whether in it is phone or service but it is starting to really frustrate me.

FYI, I have not upgraded to ICS yet but it has been going on long before the ICS release.

12. amswink

amswink Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    engineer
    SoCal
    When my rezound drops 4g, I'm able to turn mobile network off then on, instead of a battery pull or restart.

13. edshropshire

edshropshire Newbie
    None

Oct 15, 2011
    The last 4G major issues I had with Verizon were last winter when the network kept going down. I just finished two weeks driving across the US, in and out of 4G, 3G mostly and never had a problem going back to 4G. The only battery pulls I have had to do are around apps issues. I travel a fair bit and I have been very happy with my Verizon data. Big improvement over what I had with AT&T last year.

Tags: