• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VZW Am i Up to date?

kalaster

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2012
So, ever since i got my GS3, i have not been able to check for updates. I get a weird "service is unavailable" pop up when i attempt to check. Apparently this is a wide spread issue. So i need to know if my phone is up to date, because these build numbers always confuse me, and have no idea which one is which.

I'm on verizon and my build # is IMM76D.I535VRALF2

If this turns out to be that I'm way behind, then it will be time to check in with a VZW store >.>

I believe the newest build is IMM76D.I535VRALG7 and that only went out recently.

You could always try a factory reset if you still have issues. That's pretty much what they'll do at the VZW store if they can't work around the problem and grab the update.

Or it could be the SIM card. Try re-seating it. If that doesn't work, call VZW and have them confirm it's setup in the system correctly.

Reactions: kalaster
Upvote 0
I believe the newest build is IMM76D.I535VRALG7 and that only went out recently.

You could always try a factory reset if you still have issues. That's pretty much what they'll do at the VZW store if they can't work around the problem and grab the update.

Or it could be the SIM card. Try re-seating it. If that doesn't work, call VZW and have them confirm it's setup in the system correctly.

I've tried everthing i could think of that i could myself, but after reading that, i went to a verizon store, turns out, the sim card i have was an older model sim card, and so they through in a new one free of charge, and now its working again o_O no idea how that works, but screw it, it works now :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones