1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root VZW Backup Assistant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jivens716, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    College Student
    Asheville, NC
    Alright so I just flashed CM7 (absolutely love it! first AOSP ROM I've flashed since root) and I was attempting to get my contacts back from VZW's Backup Assistant, and I forgot that this ROM didn't have it installed..I was just curious if anyone knew how I could get that feature on this rom, or another way to get my contacts back. I backed up my contacts from my google account and from my Facebook, but for some reason, there are still some missing (I'm guessing the rest are on my VZW Backup Assistant :/)..If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated! :)

Jesse

Advertisement

2. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Reflash back to a sense ROM, then make sure they all get backed up to google, then flash back. If you did not make a nandroid before you backed up you just learned the hard way, lol. Make a nandroid of the CM7 setup, too, to make it easier to come back.

Verizon's service is great, especially for feature phones where it saved my wife a ton of trouble once. But I prefer to use google since it is all available readily from anywhere I can log on to gmail.

Edit: This is assuming that you are comfortable completely replacing Verizon with the goog.

3. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    College Student
    Asheville, NC
    Well I thought I backed all of my contacts up to google :( but I guess not lol. I don't think a few contacts are worth reflashing sense again, since I'm staying far away from it now..The speed and battery life with CM7 is not even comparable to sense at all, I think I've fallen in love haha :p