• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW Employee available for questions!!

Im on my father's wireless plan with just him and me. Ive been rocking a little LG dare for 2 years now and its time to upgrade. Im looking at an incredible and would like to stick with a one year plan with my father(He has a Droid X on a two year plan). Would there be any problem with me going on the one year plan vs. the two year plan? I wouldn't think there would be (Outside of a higher initial price) but I just wanted to double check.

Upvote 0
As the heading states, I just receieved my 5th replacement phone in two weeks. Quick summary, 1st phone was great untill update, battery life went south, with the help of Vz Tech staff, tried to reset, could not get the reset to work, 2nd Phone would not charge, three different chargers,
3rd Phone, bad radio, 4th Phone, would not recieve emails unless the phone was turned off and back on, 5th phone, anytime I would receive a call, change notification settings the phone would freeze and had to pull the battery. I have spent hours with tech support and all They can do is send another phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Answer me this. What is this new phone?

New HTC Verizon Device Appears, Is it a Tablet or the Incredible 2? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Sooooo, you say you're with VZW, then answer my question.

Regards,
Deanski

Just to give y'all some inside info...

Those of us who work at Verizon call centers are really among the last to know anything about new devices. As a general rule, we get information just a few days before release, along with NDAs.

As for me, I think it could be a D-Inc 2, we've already seen screenies of the Flyer over at PhoneArena

Upvote 0
Two Questions (Both using PC through hotspot)
1) How/why do websites such as Hulu know I'm using a mobile device? Then block content even though I'm actually using a PC. Are they blocking IP ranges such as Verizons?

2) Why is IRC blocked except for freenode? Last I heard Verizon says they are not blocking IRC, but it clearly is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones