1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VZW Free 4G Phones

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by jfoey22, May 27, 2011.

1. jfoey22

jfoey22 Android Enthusiast

I posted something similar in the Droid Charge section but it is more applicable here. Amazon is offering all of the 4G Verizon phones (Charge, Thunderbolt & Revolution) for Free on Monday. Keep in mind that Amazon has their own set of restrictions. I am not exactly sure what they are, but I believe it has something to do with changing your plan in the first 6 months. If you do, you are subject to a fee from Amazon.

Source
    Amazon Taking Memorial Day Sale to Next Level: Nearly Twenty 4G Phones Will Be Free Monday

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Whoa! Thank you! I may have to get me a tb! ;)

3. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

Yeah, I'm curious what the catch is. Why not get a droid charge for free and cancel the contract? It will only cost the $350 ETF and in 6 months when the galaxy s2 is available, I'm sure you can recoup your $350 or close to it on eBay.

Edit: Nevermind, it's right there on their website. Amazon charges you $250 plus taxes if you cancel your service before 181 days. So far, the best bet contract-free is a step better than Verizon. You can apply Let's Talk's 20% Verizon coupon code to the full price on their website.

4. Killerfocus

Killerfocus Newbie

It's also important to note that these deals almost always apply to new customers only (and those not in a family plan)

5. trips

trips Lurker

This is interesting I wonder if the Verizon stores are having any sales also curious is this sale is for upgrades. I need a new phone and the charge for free sounds great but if I mail order it I wont be home to get it right away.

6. jfoey22

I read another article that VZW will also have a sale. I think it was $99.99 or something like that.

7. jfoey22

Here you go.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/27/verizon-may-be-holding-their-own-private-memorial-day-sale-thunderbolts-for-99/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DroidLife+%28droid+life%29

8. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

Looks like this turned out to be a BUST.