• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW going to be as bad at ATT?

I seem to get either really high download and low upload speeds, or an even amount of download & upload usually in the 1mbps area.

2vxiq1i.jpg

Upvote 0
This is terrible news. I live in Manassas :(

If you buy broadband Internet from Verizon most people have noticed a significant lag in service. What sad is I'm not even pulling near the speeds you guys are on your smartphones right now on my Internet. Lol. When my iTouch gets faster Internet speeds than my less than a few months old laptop that's pathetic hahaha but slightly funny.

Upvote 0
Manassas, Stafford, and Fredericksburg were the hardest hit. And I heard it from the technician that was sent to my house for free, his boss, and the four upper level supervisors that kissed my butt in over four, count it, OVER four phone calls in one day alone and they are scheduled to call back this weekend again after calling back this past weekend so I'm hearing from the uppers of Verizon since my families been customers for so long.

I'm in Manassas and haven't experienced the slightest difference in speeds, either by way of mobile or FiOS...:thinking:

Upvote 0
My results aren't so good that I just conducted. I feel that the speed varies greatly on time of day, location, etc. I'm in an urban area and just got 0.27 Mbps Download / 0.28 Mbps Upload. My wifi got 11.69 Mbps/1.62 Mbps when I was close to my router, and 5.83 /1.60 Mbps when I was farther away....I can deal with 1.0 mbps...0.27 is quite slow. But I try to be on wifi as much as possible.

Upvote 0
No reduction in speed here. My impression is that Verizon puts quite a bit of money back into its infrastructure to help shore up their system for times like these. With the rampant growth of smartphones lately, I feel they have held up very well. We don't hear of loads of complaints from users, just a few here and there.

But, we always want faster, don't we?

Upvote 0
I got .74 down and .78 Mbps up from the balto server. I guess I am not enough of a user to really notice and I think the processor speed on this X is helping me to conclude that it is FAST! I've been with VZW since they were Bell Atlantic Metro Mobile so for me upgrading phones always shows me an improvement in speed. It's also 10AM here so heavy prime time usage going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones