• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(VZW) Nexus 4.0.X Update Discussion

Nothing happens :(

2012-05-01%2011.14.02.png

That should pop up. Sort of amusing.

Upvote 0
I'm on the phone with Verizon support as I type this. I'm asking to have the update pushed to my phone. He told me that there was no information about the update but he said as he was talking with me, his screen "changed" and said the update is scheduled for early May. At least that part is good news.

**edit** He said there's no way to specifically target my phone and gave me the line about checking for updates every morning for the next few weeks. *sigh* Oh well, was worth a try.

Upvote 0
I'm on the phone with Verizon support as I type this. I'm asking to have the update pushed to my phone. He told me that there was no information about the update but he said as he was talking with me, his screen "changed" and said the update is scheduled for early May. At least that part is good news.

**edit** He said there's no way to specifically target my phone and gave me the line about checking for updates every morning for the next few weeks. *sigh* Oh well, was worth a try.

You should of offered him something like pictures of your girl friend or money......It works with the Geek Squad.

Upvote 0
I really hope they have made changes since the 4.0.4 leak. I am on that and still have problems with all radios losing connection

It appears to have different radios than the leaked version....at least based on the screenshots. The leaked radio was FA02 & FA02, this one appears to be FC04 & FC05. So hopefully that addresses any radio issues.... once we get it!

Upvote 0
A test OTA is still an update. And if the 'test' goes well, then the update gets rolled out en masse. So I'll take the 'test OTA' and test it out for Verizon.

I wouldn't take anything anyone in customer service at Verizon or any other big company says. They are all kept in the dark and the only people who know are the ones who are directly involved.

Reactions: jkc120 and jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones