1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VZW rolling out 4.2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drbugsmn, Mar 19, 2013.

1. rfdong

rfdong Member

I got the update now, but still can't update from the play store. Did the clear play data reboot multiple times and still not updating, error message. Help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

I accidentally (?) rooted my phone to 4.1.1 and haven't received any updates since. The phone is working fine for the most part, but will I ever be able to get OTAs? Or is my only option to wipe the phone? And does it really matter at this point?

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

You can download the update and flash it manually in custom recovery, but it will break root. However it will be ready to get back since you're unlocked.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I had to try the Google SErvices Framework trick a couple times. I have it downloading now.

[​IMG]

5. politzer

Will this unroot the phone? Would I receive OTA's going forward?

6. Unforgiven

I didn't chance it, though normally OTAs will break root.

I used this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.root.toolkit
    I froze root, loaded the update. Then restored root after the update. All is good.

7. politzer

I used the toolkit and checked to see if I'm rooted and apparently I'm not. Saved root: NOT present.

So if i'm not rooted but I have 4.1.1 that I got through forcefeeding the dowload at the time, and haven't had an OTA since, then what is my status?

8. Unforgiven

You are not rooted.

9. politzer

OK, I'm not rooted. But I've never received an update since 4.1.1 on Verizon, and that one I went out and forced. Did that change my status?

10. Unforgiven

Shouldn't have. Sometimes it just takes a bit to get the OTA to take. I used the trick by clearing data in Google Services Framework (Settings | Apps | All) and the goto System Updates and Check now. It took me a few tries, but it finally took. And you don't need to be rooted for this to work.

11. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

The only update since 4.1.1 is the current one rolling out. If you don't get it in the next 7-10 days....

How did you "force" the last update.

12. firebird274

firebird274 Newbie

Has anyone that has updated to 4.2.2 noticed that " developer options" is now missing. I never used it but I thought it was cool to have.

13. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

It's still the, but they hid it from casual users. You get it back by going into Settings - > about phone and then tapping either your Android revision number or your build number (can't remember which exactly) 5-7 times. After that you should have it back.

14. firebird274

firebird274 Newbie

HA! Congratulations I am now a developer! Thank you from that tid bit of information.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews