• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VZW S3 OTA update: "Your internet connection is unstable"

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
soon after i got the 4.3 OTA this notification pops up and then my wifi connection automatically disconnects from the phone and it dumps to 3G. clicking it in the shade pops up a dialog saying 'your internet connection is unstable blah blah' and mentions this auto switching feature. i went into advanced wifi settings and it's unchecked. but this thing pops up and disables my wifi internet each time. my PowerBook G4, iPhone, Galaxy Tab, and even this phone worked perfectly fine until the OTA. what is tripping this obviously incorrect notice?

My S3's dropping wifi constantly for no apparent reason as well after the update. I'm considering resetting the phone and see if that helps. I just loath having to reinstall all my apps, resetting up wallpapers, widgets, blah, blah, blah. Is there a backup app (for non-rooted phones) that'll save all that stuff to make it easier?

Upvote 0
Funky TouchWiz isn't to blame. this is apparently a wifi bug. with my KitKat ROM i had zero cell signal (or poor signal) and no data. i would rather lose wifi than everything else! i still need my phone to work as a phone. plus i actually use the TW features. without them what do i got? a Nexus...i didn't purchase a Nexus 4 ok? Also, i've mentioned this before twice. i want the Galaxy Gear watch. it ONLY works on TouchWiz. the stupid black and white Pebble watch is inferior, overpriced for what it does, and hardly works. it's not even comparable. so like it or not, for maximum battery life, support for my planned smartwatch, and a really nice nature theme that works with my love of nature and deer, i had to go back.

Upvote 0
You mean Deer Hunter 2014? yeah not long ago that game was a really neat sim. you could go into a map with just the binoculars, GPS and drive vehicles around. i think the game mode was called 'manage your own herd' or something (Deer Hunter 5, the last in the series made by WizardWorks, the original Dev). so in a way, you didn't have to kill anyone. but as of 2014 or perhaps some earlier versions it has become more like Call of Duty, with 'missions' and very inaccurate physics just like Call of Duty--like shooting a deer in the foot causes an 'insta kill' and has that stupid animation. plus i have known a total of ten deer up close counting Jack (who is the buck in my profile pic) and they don't BAA or Moo. they're not sheep and cows. i often get more amused than offended by that game. it does sport nice graphics considering tablet/phone limitations though, and is one of the first to support Google's new Game Center clone, with cloud saves, which will help when more games support it, and would alleviate the pain of restarting them from the first level when i choose to flash a new ROM. Also, is Android Forums having server issues? other sites load fine, but this one i have to click links a few times before they connect and load.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones