1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips VZW Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kjarrett, Apr 28, 2011.

1. kjarrett

kjarrett Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Was a little concerned when I saw these DO NOT COVER the entire screen, then I thought to myself, why would it have to? It covers the main part you're always touching (other than the home buttons).

These are NOT crystal clear, they are slightly anti-glare. As a result, they do SLIGHTLY impact the clarity of the screen, not a big deal, doubt anyone will be able to tell from any pics I'll shoot.

Installation was easy thanks to dotted lines on the perimeter of the protector outer peel-off layer, a nice touch. (You remove this outer protector as the final step of the install).

Surface sliding is VERY SMOOTH.

Overall, I recommend these.

-kj-

Advertisement

2. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2010
    I agree with your assessment. I was a little surprised they didn't at least go the whole way to the top of the screen.

The only time I have noticed the screen is 'cloudy' was while I was in direct sunlight today.

Other than that, it seems like it will do the job. I may upgrade to a Zagg one later (if it's even available)

3. omxmmn

omxmmn Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    i bought some of those today. did you get the ones that are for anti-glare or not?

4. kjarrett

kjarrett Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Not sure. They were just in the bundle (literally in the box with the case and car charger). I am guessing these are anti-glare. They sure look that way.

5. daveydog

daveydog Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Mass
    vz screen protectors suck.... try steinheil... they are the best. cant even tell you have one on... sgpstore.com trust me.

6. nate.kelmes

nate.kelmes Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland OH

That was the main reason why I decided not to buy them yesterday. The sales girl kept saying "but, what if..."

If you decide that you want a screen protector to cover the entire screen give these a look... seidioonline.com

They're from Seidio. They make great extended batteries. I haven't personally tried their screen protectors yet, but I just may. I like everything else they offer.

7. tlbj6142

tlbj6142 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    They don't list them for the DInc2, yet, but when they do, which model do you recommend?

Crystal clear?
    Anti Fingerprint?
    SGP Shield ($$)?

8. daveydog

daveydog Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Mass
    i like the crystal clear, they are just that... you can not tell you have one on. I have used them on my inc1, the kids ipad, wife's iphone... she is picky picky and she could not believe there was a screen protector on her phone. and best of all, easy to install... i have tried the vz, the zagg (oh man I almost chucked the kids ipad)... and I am not real finite with installing stuff like that...

the anti-fingerprint one is good too, but the screen is not as clear, you can tell you have one on... but it does do its job which is nice... i used one on my inc1 for awhile, but changed it after awhile... I don't mind wiping the screen once in awhile in exchange for a better picture. I think either way you'd be happy, but I would go crystal clear...