1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support (VZW) Strange bugs with my Gnexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OP4500, Apr 25, 2012.

1. OP4500

OP4500 Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2012
    First of all I love this phone, it is awesome, but I've been having a few problems. My 4g sometimes drops out at home and I have to reboot or go into airplane mode to get it back, happened far less often with my LG spectrum. Also when I use google wallet trying to open google play music will just open wallet until I reboot. Is there a fix for this? I am running stock 4.0.2, and an older version of wallet. I like ICS so much I don't really want to bother going with a custom ROM, but an update to fix the radio and this glitch would be nice.

Edit: I am on verizon, my area just got 4g a month ago, I got this phone 2 days ago, exchanged my sprectrum for it when the price dropped.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    There has been a leaked 4.0.4 update for Verizon Nexi, which bodes well for non-rooters. Usually a leak like that precedes a general OTA... so if there are no problems with the update for the handful of people who have it, we can (hopefully) expect a wider roll-out soon. That should fix a lot of the radio and connectivity problems we're having.

EDIT: Wait a minute: are you ON Verizon? Ever since the forums merged we have to be specific...

3. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Central TX
    Since he mentioned LG spectrum, I guess he is on verizon.
    I also hope upcoming OTA fixes/improves 4G connectivity indoors, weak areas.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    OP would you mind changing the Title of this and inserting (verizon)?

5. OP4500

OP4500 Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2012
    The forum doesn't allow me to change the title but I added it into the post. I might try flashing the update or just wait for OTA depending on how long it will be. I googled it and found out it will be coming out in march, late march, mid april, late april/early may, and some time in 2012. So apparently no one has any idea when it will be coming out. Will the update fix my radio? it seriously sucks ass, on the spectrum I got 25mbps, on the nexus I get 10mbps at best and I often drop to 3g for no apparent reason, and the phone loses all connectivity for 2-3min every time it switches. Verizons 3g here is terrible but the 4g is excellent. Even with the lousy data connection the nexus still feels 10x smoother than the spectrum when the connection is working.

6. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Statesville NC
    the 4.04 radios have helped some with connectivity issues. I have been running them for 5-6 weeks (rooted of course) and have not seen any issue. looking forward to 4.0.5 :)

Tags: