1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support VZW unlimited data

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by DroidX_Gamecock, Aug 23, 2016.

1. DroidX_Gamecock

None

Jul 27, 2010
    Can anyone confirm the best buy still working to upgrade a UDL plan with VZW to a note 7? We have two UDL lines grandfathered in. I've seen some people saying the MEID of the phone is now tied to the plan so when it becomes active it automatically switches your data to a capped monthly amount. I'm not an "abuser" of data as we get no where near the supposed 100GB limit, but do use a lot more than their overpriced tier system allows. Any help/info is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Based on my experience, if you purchase the phone outright, full retail, you can just pop in the nanoSIM from the old phone to the new one and rock on with no changes to your plan. However, if you go on some sort of installment plan, that could very well change everything. If you're going to do that, triple check with Verizon and get whatever assurances in writing before you do anything.

AZgl1500, Clementine_3 and Bg260 like this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    stay away from buying on contract, get your phone outside of Verizon..

that is what I did and carried my UDP for years

4. DroidX_Gamecock

None

Jul 27, 2010
    I understand you can full price, but not real interested in dropping basically 2K on phones for the wife and myself. What I'm asking about is what is called the "bestbuy method". I know you could get the contract phone and "keep your plan". It worked fine on my note 4, but it seems they may have changed the data plan link from the sim card to the MEID of the phone itself. Before you simply had to plug your current sim into the new phone BEFORE that new phone ever was turned on. I've seen both sides of the story (working/not working) lately and I was wondering if anyone has tried and had success with the Note 7. Again appreciate all responses/info.

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands

nope, I just moved the SIM card to a different phone and kept on trucking.

the only price change that happened for me, was I went from a Nokia flip phone to a Galaxy S5 for the wife, and the $10/month for the phone changed to $40/month.... that was years ago, don't know what the cost/month is anymore. I am now on a T-shirt plan with 4 gB/month.