1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

W-Explorer says s6 doesnt support .mp3 files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mcmanybucks, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Mcmanybucks

Mcmanybucks Lurker

I've downloaded tons of music to my phone via YoutubeToMp3, it always worked before but it doesnt now..help?

ive been told to find and delete .nomedia but i cant find it.

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

What exactly is not working?
    • Are you unable to download the mp3? (if so, how are you attempting to transfer the mp3 to your phone?)
    • Are you able to copy the mp3 to your phone, but your music player is not finding it? (If so, what music player are you using?)
    • Are you getting an error in your music app (not sure what W-Explorer is)? (If so, try a different app - like Google play music app, or VLC etc

3. Mcmanybucks

Mcmanybucks Lurker

Im downloading it just fine, but when ive downloaded it, and i try to drag and drop from windows explorer (w-explorer) it says that my phone doesnt support mp3's and refuses to copy. im using the cable i got from the phone to transfer.

4. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

If the copy is giving you that message, doesn't it give an option to override it and copy anyway? (mine does - for other file formats). Use that option, and copy it over. See if it plays.
    (copying a mp3 should not cause that message in the first place - check to make sure the file extension is truly mp3 - depending on your explorer view settings, the actual file extension may be hidden)

5. Mcmanybucks

Mcmanybucks Lurker

It actually fixed itself with a reboot, so its alright.

dont know why it happened though.

but yea, it gave an option to override and copy, but whenever i chose that it gave me the same error

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews