• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wacky Charging Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to track down the source of some odd battery behavior.
Rebooting my Inc changes the reported charge 10-20%, i.e. if the reported charge is 75%, upon reboot it is reported as 61%, or even if the charge is 15%, upon restarting it is 26%.
I can no longer reach a 100% charge, but charging stops at 99%. If I attempt a bump charge by powering down at 99% and continuing charging, I have never yet (since my installation of Virtuous 3.1 on 10/19) seen a green LED, and when restarting the charge level is reported anywhere from 65-90%.

This behavior is observed in both my stock 1300 and 1500 batteries, so I have to look to hardware or software issues for the source. I have charged as fully as possible and wiped battery stats each time I switch batteries. I have only noticed the behavior since my clean install of Virtuous 3.1 with the newest kernel. I have added the Inc. rEVOlution theme.

My battery life overall appears to have dropped as much as 1/3 with my same usage patterns compared to previous ROM/Kernel combos. Based on what I've read here about the new kernel and battery life, I should be seeing the opposite.

I'd like to try applying an older kernel (the previous stock V.4) to see if that addresses the behavior.

My question to you is: is applying an older kernel advisable? Am I chasing my tail with this whole issue?

Everyone here knows a lot more than I, and I apologize for even mentioning battery problems, but I really prefer this ROM overall and I want it to work for me.

Thank you.

do a nandroid and go to another rom and kernel and see if you still have the issue, this way you can see if it's software related.

If it's still there than you know you probably have a hardware problem, so then try a new battery or unroot, go s-on and take the phone to verizon and tell them your phone won't charge correctly and see what they can do for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones