1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wait, i can put my own movies/ tv shows on the internal memory right?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SMALBA, Apr 17, 2012.

1. SMALBA

SMALBA Android Enthusiast

I am coming from an EVO 3d and am used to placing my own movie files on my phone. This is possible on the gnex right ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Yes , of course you can via USB connection to your PC (Windows). There is the Wifi option too, but this requires a file explorer on your GNex - there are plenty of free ones from the play store, however, I find the best one to be EStrongs; anyway that's a personal preference.

One thing to remember, your stock video player will only support and play MP4, H.264, H.263, WebM formats so if you want to play anything else, like avi or divx, then you need to either convert them to the afore-mentioned formats or get a third party player from the play store that will play these without conversion. I use MX Player, which pretty much plays anything out there and offers excellent quality, however, it's not free, but equally it's fairly reasonable (a few dollars) and worth the price for no hassle straight of the bat viewing.

Here is also a good article on the subject you can read, particularly if you are on a MAC - Connect Galaxy Nexus to PC- Transfer music, picture, video files to Galaxy Nexus from PC(Mac,Windows) :cool:

SMALBA likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews