1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wait until task is completed - help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by theswee, Feb 13, 2014.

1. theswee

theswee Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    So I have always tried googling my problems away, but I have finally found something that I can't find. :)

I came up with a really cool Profile: I recorded myself saying "Take your phone out of your car!" a few times and saved it in my phone. When my car bluetooth disconnects, I set up a task called "Play Alarm" where I set the phone volume to high and have it play my recording to remind me to take the phone with me when I turn off the car (because I forget a lot).

The problem is that when I do this, I can't figure out a way to make my phone go back to listening to my other running profiles, like where it makes my phone be on vibrate during meetings. This is important for me because the "meetings" I have are my class periods that i teach written into google calendar events that the phone recognizes. My phone will still be on loud when I come to work and start teaching.

I have tried making my "Play Alarm" an exit task for my bluetooth connected profile, but that doesn't work.

I have tried programming go back to vibrate into the Play Alarm task, and I made it the last step, but it won't play my voice out loud - it just makes the notification appear with no audio because it's in vibrate state.

So my question is this: Is there a way to either a) tell tasker to wait until the audio playback part is over inside the task itself before setting to vibrate; or b) [more ideal for me] have the phone go back to listening to the other profiles that are making it be on vibrate, or c) program a separate profile to wait until my "bluetooth disconnected" profile runs and then put the phone on vibrate?

Any other suggestions would be great! Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Attached is a screenshot of what my task looks like.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Hi theswee, and welcome to Android Forums :)

One easy option may be to add a Wait (Task > Wait) statement to the end of your Task and configure that to wait for x seconds (however long your recording is). Then add a Silent Mode (Audio > Silent Mode) Task, set that for Vibrate, tick the If checkbox, enter "%PACTIVE" for the variable, Matches ( ~ ) for the comparison, and "*, Name_of_Meeting_Profile, *" as the text. That should set the phone to Vibrate/Silent mode if your Meeting profile is active when the Play Alarm fires.

3. theswee

theswee Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Thanks so much, codesplice! Can you just tell me exactly what gets included in my text field - should I be including the quotation marks and/or asterisks in what you said above, as well as the underscores between any spaced word in the title of my profile? My profile is called Calendar Entry. Can you write exactly what it should look like, let's say everything between the dashes? Thanks!

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    You would enter this:

*, Calendar Entry, *

D-U-R-X likes this.