• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waiting for 5G?

Refused to cough up all that cash for a new Samsung Galaxy phone. Bought a OnePlus 6 and really like it. My next phone should be 5G, so maybe a OnePlus 8 or whatever. Perhaps in late 2020. We'll see how 5G network rolls out and 5G phone pricing stabilizes... Lost the desire to be on the 'bleeding edge' a long time ago

Good post.

I totally agree with you. in the old days it was easier to be on the bleeding edge when the phone companies subsidized your phones. Now, you pretty much paying for the whole thing. you are probably paying the whole thing beforehand as well, but it seemed as if oh, but it seemed as if we weren't.

And you're right. Why would I shell out money for a 5G phone when there is no 5G in my area? Seems kind of pointless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones