• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Waiting for Network Play Store

Hey I appreciate the response johnny and tried everything you suggested but still no success. I have however thanks to THIS article figured out that it is an update that seems to mess everything up. If I uninstall updates the store works until it auto updates again. So i tried to use the new jellybean market and still no success. Sucks.

Upvote 0
do you know easy way to get the MSL ? I'm stock rom and not rooted. also how to improve better internet speeds on 3G and wimax?
last thing: how root this phone pretty easy like gingerbreak on lg optimus v and motorola triumph, thanks a lot.

Msl reader from market

Hey so I read up a lot more on the subject and it was something in the update. I did what you suggested johnny and still have had no success. It seems to be prevalent with 4g phones on the sprint network.

Interesting..have you tried using market on all different plains of data..IE..3G..4G..WiFi?

Upvote 0
I see you added all of the fancy fluff that makes you feel important on those steps, in short Google pushed Play Store 3.7.13 a few days ago, and it is defective, some users see waiting for network when they try to download apps over 4g. If you really want to be helpful in this open a new issue within Issues - android - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting, otherwise we can just patiently wait for Google to do what they do.

Upvote 0
@Johnny WIFI Seems to be the only way to download stuff from the play store now.

@cp1024 I'm sorry what is all this about "fancy fluff to make you feel important" are you refereing to me elaborating on the problem? or worse yet at johnny who was offering help? Either way I AM waiting patiently and using WIFI for the meanwhile but regardless thanks for posting that link I suppose as I was unaware I could submit bugs elsewhere.

Upvote 0
@Johnny WIFI Seems to be the only way to download stuff from the play store now.

@cp1024 I'm sorry what is all this about "fancy fluff to make you feel important" are you refereing to me elaborating on the problem? or worse yet at johnny who was offering help? Either way I AM waiting patiently and using WIFI for the meanwhile but regardless thanks for posting that link I suppose as I was unaware I could submit bugs elsewhere.
That was a reply to Johnny424. I agree he is trying to help, but it's somewhat misguided because he didn't try to d8uplicate the problem, ofcourse you can install a different version of market to get around the problem, all of the other steps will be fruitless, and the real fix has to come from google to repair version 3.7.13.:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
That was a reply to Johnny424. I agree he is trying to help, but it's somewhat misguided because he didn't try to d8uplicate the problem, ofcourse you can install a different version of market to get around the problem, all of the other steps will be fruitless, and the real fix has to come from google to repair version 3.7.13.:smokingsomb:

okay bro first of relax..;)

secondly i get the whole bitch to Google and maybe they will do something deal, but in the end they will fix the issue when they fix the issue. Soo

in the mean time we can try all the things that 9/10 times WILL work. and if they don't, then at least we can say we tried more then just complaining to Google about issues that we have usually been capable of taking care of ourselves

Upvote 0
Do you have an epic touch, evo, or 3vo, and are connected 4G? Would you really check the fuel level, or sparkplugs if the engine would not crank one fine day? No, you'd probably check the battery first and realize that it's low charge. Think McFly, think.9 out of 10 seems just a bit off for an obvious software defect.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. Hopefully i can help people who are having the "Waiting For Network" problem. All i did was on me HTC phone i went to "Settings" then "Applications" then "Manage Applications" in the settings on me phone then the Download Tab will show. Look for Google Play & uninstall the update for Google Play. It took me back to the Android Market & i accepted the agreement for the android market. Once that happened i downloaded an update for an app for me phone successfully then it stated that Android Market has been updated with Google Play & from there on all downloads downloaded successfully. Once you have done that you will be good to go. Hope that helps for the HTC online Support didnt even know what they were talking about. They were talkin about doing a hard reset etc & i will never do a hard reset even if they tell me to & if they ever tell you people to do that well DONT. Keep searching the net cause your bound to find some useful info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones