• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waiting on Verizon?

android15

Lurker
Nov 1, 2009
Okay, so I'm trying to sort through all of the "Rumored" and "Upcoming" announcements, but it can be a bit daunting. I'm currently a Verizon customer (no plans to switch carriers) using a BlackBerry Pearl, which I would like to throw against the wall or out the window every day. As far as I can tell, an Android phone is exactly what I'm looking for.

While I REALLY want to get rid of my Pearl, I can be patient if needed. So here's my question: If I'm looking to get an Android phone on the Verizon network, with a large touch screen and a physical qwerty keyboard, between now and around January 1st, what are the phones rumored to be coming out that would meet these qualifications?

Should I spring for the Droid as soon as it comes out, or is it likely that there will be a notably better offering (from HTC, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, etc) by the end of the year?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones