1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Waiting on X...what to do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsmcclelland, Aug 28, 2010.

  1. rsmcclelland

    rsmcclelland New Member
    Thread Starter

    Aug 28, 2010
    So I've been waiting since the 12th for my new X. I've called the store (which apparently isn't a corporate store, so I can't track the order number) a few times and they've been completely unhelpful so far. Their responses are simply "we'll call you when it's in" or "call back next week."

    I just called a local Best Buy, which has stock right now. I'm tempted to call the store I ordered from to cancel my order so I can get the X immediately from BB. Has anyone else done this?

    One problem I can see is that I switched to Verizon to join my fiancee on a plan. So I'm not sure how the upgrade eligibility stuff will work if I cancel the order at the store. What do you all think?



  2. whalebus

    whalebus Well-Known Member

    Aug 14, 2010
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Well, you are not really with Verizon until you program your phone. Since it isn't there, you can still cancel and go get it somewhere else as long as you didn't sign some kind of contract with the store. I ordered from Amzn, they said 4-6 weeks. I checked WFly which said 4-7 business days. The WF order shipped in two days, so I cancelled the Amzn order and everything worked out great for me. Of course, I don't know if your store has the same customer-friendly policies as Amzn.

    I have a feeling that your store has no idea when they will get more DXs, they just want to make the sale.
  3. GS300

    GS300 Well-Known Member

    Aug 11, 2010
    You are 16 days into the process. Not sure if I would cancel it unless BB can do all the account work as you requested AND the other store can really cancel everything, including refunding any money RIGHT NOW.


Share This Page