• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waiting on X...what to do?

So I've been waiting since the 12th for my new X. I've called the store (which apparently isn't a corporate store, so I can't track the order number) a few times and they've been completely unhelpful so far. Their responses are simply "we'll call you when it's in" or "call back next week."

I just called a local Best Buy, which has stock right now. I'm tempted to call the store I ordered from to cancel my order so I can get the X immediately from BB. Has anyone else done this?

One problem I can see is that I switched to Verizon to join my fiancee on a plan. So I'm not sure how the upgrade eligibility stuff will work if I cancel the order at the store. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Well, you are not really with Verizon until you program your phone. Since it isn't there, you can still cancel and go get it somewhere else as long as you didn't sign some kind of contract with the store. I ordered from Amzn, they said 4-6 weeks. I checked WFly which said 4-7 business days. The WF order shipped in two days, so I cancelled the Amzn order and everything worked out great for me. Of course, I don't know if your store has the same customer-friendly policies as Amzn.

I have a feeling that your store has no idea when they will get more DXs, they just want to make the sale.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones