1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Wake up by camera button or volume rocker?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by timcity, Nov 14, 2009.

1. timcity

timcity Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    One thing i envy on the iPhone is that it has a real button for 'Home' so you can wake the phone up from sleep by pressing it. Its 10000% more convenient than going up top to the lock/sleep button (especially on the droid which feels kinda awkward to get to)

So my question is, are there any apps out there, or any settings, that will make it so i can wake up my phone by pressing either the volume rocker or the camera button or maybe something that keeps the home key awake?

thx in advance

Advertisement

2. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Not that I am aware of. Using the power button doesnt' bother me, but when the phone is in the car dock, it's easier to just slide the screen up a little bit then hit the power button. You barely have to move it, it just a little will wake up the phone.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    Also if anyone didn't already know you can hit any button on the keyboard to turn the screen on.

4. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    or slide open the screen if it is closed

5. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I have noticed if you download flyscreen from the app store awaken the screen with the volume rocker

6. timcity

timcity Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    k thx ratchet ill try that out. i noticed you can unlock it with the slide out keyboard but thats kind of inconvenient when you just want to use one hand