• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WakeVoice : New original Alarm Clock

Thanks for your message muab ;)
There is only one imported ringtone. It rings if there is an issue with your ringtone but you can select it too. Its name is "oiseaux_birds". :D

EDIT:

BTW, there is am/pm support since the latest update:

device37.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for your message muab ;)
There is only one imported ringtone. It rings if there is an issue with your ringtone but you can select it too. Its name is "oiseaux_birds". :D

EDIT:

BTW, there is am/pm support since the latest update:

device37.png

I would like to check out oiseaux_birds but it does not come up as an option for a ringtone in Wakevoice. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
It must mean that the sound wasn't installed on your SD card. Can you check it? At the SD card root, \media\audio\alarms. If it's here, there is an update bug with the ringtone manager. You can try to create an alarm without ringtone and the sound of this ringtone will "normally" play :)

The ringtone is present on my SD card, I just checked. I rebooted my phone to see if it would be "found" but it still does not appear on my list of ringtones. Since I selected a ringtone once I appear to no longer have an option to select no ringtone.

Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0
well, i tried 1.5 for a coupla days and the alarm never went off. i wrote the 1st day off as operator error and double checked everything with no luck on the second day either. then i tried a few tests and couldn't get the alarm to go off at all so i uninstalled it. however, the alarm icon in my notification bar won't go away.

check back in this thread, i see there's 1.5.1 with some bug fixes. i've tried a few times in the past half hour to install it with no success. just to make sure, i installed a couple of other apps to check the market connection on my end, they worked fine.

my guess is that there's been some setting that's still affected by wakevoice even after the uninstall that's keeping my notification awake and preventing an install of 1.5.1. any ideas?

btw, htc desire running 2.1, stock.

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi sanchezero,

Your issue is very oddly. The alarm always goes off but if you use a task killer, it's an other matter ... :eek:
In fact, task killers simply kills the alarms if WakeVoice isn't in the ignore list. If you tell me that's not that, I'll be very astonished (I'm telling this because the alarm system was tested more than 4 months without any issue by more than 100 testers on a lot of differents phones ... there were desire stock 2.1 in them). But, let's talk about your icon issue :).

I think that you let an alarm active when you uninstalled the app. By doing so, you left a system setting. Indeed, your alarms are saved and shared with other apps on your phone which could need this information. The same system is used by the official alarm clock made by google. I also implemented it. Howether, nobody uninstall the google alarm clock, so they don't have this issue :p ... I think that I'll remove it. Anyway, you told me that you can't re-install WakeVoice? I think that it is not due to the previous version. Moreover, you're not with a custom rom so problem. Can you try to set a new alarm with the google alarm app or the HTC one. Then deactivate it. It could solve your issue. If not, re-try to install WakeVoice and do this operation (activate and deactivate the same alarm). It will definitively solve your notification issue.

Upvote 0
OK! Update to my verdict. Still think its awesome, only thing that really bugs me which I know you can't change is the text to speech voice!

That thing is god damn awful and just makes me want to throw my phone out the window!

Anywho, what I've setup is alarm sound on average and alarm sound for during voice recognition to almost low. This has minimal to no transition of volume which is excellent and the voice recognition just barely picks it up.

I'm using a song called Road to Zion by damian marley and nas, which starts off with humming and then damian singing. Voice Recognition still interprets my murmured "stop" over this. Which I personally think is awesome!

HOWEVER!

Always a however!

In the previous version, if the voice recognition could not interpret anything it would almost immediately go back into voice recognition mode for me, so if it picked up the music but didnt get any "STOP" from it, it would restart the recognition until it recognised me saying "STOP"

With this version, I noticed if it didnt recognize anything it will just leave the voice menu up with the "speak again" button and the "cancel" button.

I'm not sure if it was suppose to be a fault in the previous version, either way I think that work really good.

ANY IDEAS :D? Would love to get that setting back, because sometimes I cannot be bothered stopping it till later, as I like the song :p

Reactions: ADNFX Mobile
Upvote 0
@timmmah.l:
We worked very hard these last weeks and the new version is at last available. For the text to speech voice, you can modify it. There are app made for that (text to speech engine). As I'm french, I bought "Svox French voice" but there are other languages availables. I also now Loquendo for US voice. Anyway, with Svox, the voice experience is really improved ... no more google robotic voice :D ... and you can use it everywhere ... google maps, and others apps...
Now, your "however" lol. It has been fixed in the new release. Test it, you'll love it. Furthermore, there are now the possibility to use your own voice commands. Man, that's really awesome! You can say "shut up", "sunshine" or whatever words you want to stop or snooze the app! :D

@Nickelking:
Just to answer you (even if you can't apparently take the app), you can enable/disable voice recognition.

Hi All,

The new WakeVoice release is available to all since Saturday 23rd October in both LITE/TRIAL and FULL versions.

Description :
Waking up is not an easy thing for you? You never found the clock you needed?
So why not try WakeVoice! Indeed, this Android application overcomes this negative image that sticks to the alarm clocks by making your mornings entertaining.
The principle is easy: imagine that you can interact with your voice alarm. You tell it snooze, and it activates the recall mode. A "stop" and it stops. Childish. Then, imagine the phone announcing the weather forecast or the latest news. Pretty nice.
Add to that all the settings imaginable on a clock (programming more alarms over several days, setting names, volume, time ...) and you get WakeVoice, the most innovative alarm clocks that you can find on Android.

Huge new features :
- New

Upvote 0
I've just installed the app (I'm guessing it must be your new version, I downloaded it from the Market on my Dell Streak). I'm most impressed, but have one major issue and wonder if I could suggest you might look into adding this feature: I don't have a regular schedule and tend to set a new alarm time each night. I would love to have a quick-alarm-set function where I can just quickly type in the time when I want a single once-only alarm to sound the following day. Could that be implemented?

Upvote 0
Hi Aidan Bell,

Thank you for your message. Your request will be implemented soon. It doesn't seem difficult and in the same time I'll add other possibilites like create an alarm from another one.

And you said you're on a Dell Streak? Because I saw a comment from a french user saying that the app doesn't work on this phone. But apparently, yes? :)

Upvote 0
Hi ADNFX Mobile!
Yes, it's a brand-new Streak from O2 here in the UK, running Android 1.6. WakeVoice has only been on the machine for about an hour so I can't vouch for how well it's running, but it seems to be fine. The only sad thing of course that it's in portrait mode, while the Streak prefers landscape.

Upvote 0
I have an alarm program called "Alarm master", which I love, because it's very simple; it takes only a couple of clicks from the widget to set a single alarm. Is there or could there be a similar widget for "WakeVoice"? I think it's a wonderful program and I'd love to use it, but I like to set alarms quickly and individually for different times each day, and doing so with "WakeVoice" takes such a long time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones