• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wal-mart have it for 149.00

how did you get best buy to match and is this same price in store?

I just walked in the store and asked if they price matched online. Told them my LetsTalk order hadn't shipped (because it got canceled, but they didnt need to know that), and that I wanted to cancel my no contract order, and buy from them. They couldn't do the $229 price since it wasn't showing that online anymore, but they did do the $99 price when they looked it up online. Real nice people, just a shame they couldn't price match the $229 even with my reciept

Upvote 0
how did you get best buy to match and is this same price in store?
There was a thread on this already but it seems to be few pages back now. I got the 99$ price match at BB by printing the walmart webpage of the phone being $99 and handing it to the sales person. Some BBs are honoring it and some aren't. I guess I am lucky that mine did.

Edit: found the post
http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/125756-captivate-free-walmart-5.html
look at post #225 and #243

Upvote 0
Or you can go to BB with the walmart print out and let them match your price. Worked for me. And if I don't like it I can return it to BB within 30days with no restock fee.
Best Buy checked my upgrade staus. Even with the walmart price. AT&T will let me upgrade early AT thier store or over the phone with them, but not anywhere else.

How did you manage it? Plus I live in CA and they add tax based off of the $549 price at Best Buy

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Letstalk.com includes a flyer with your phone. They say if you want to make any plan changes to call them and not ATT. They bypass ATT so if you wanna end your contract early, all you have to do is send the phone back to them and you wont be charged an early termination fee. They messed up and took the data off my iphone before I got the Captivate. I had to call ATT to get data put back, which they did with no problem. When I got the Captivate, all I had to do was take the sim card out of the iphone and put it in the captivate. I logged onto my account and it switched already. I still had to call ATT because it showed the iphone data plan. Called them and they switched to the UNLIMITED smartphone data plan.

Upvote 0
I was just at my local Walmart and they had the Cpativate for 148.88 for the 2 yr upgrade. I bought mine last Sunday at the AT&T store for $199. I believe that AT&T will charge a $35 restocking fee if I returned mine (not sure about the activation fee). Does not seem worth it the trouble. Anyone know if AT&T may refund the price difference?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones