1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wall Charger for Verizon LG G2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jstcynske, Dec 16, 2013.

1. jstcynske

jstcynske Member

Does anyone have a link they can share to a wall charger that actually works with this phone? I have tried multiple, from 1A to 2A, nothing works...they all state slow charging?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bsheedy

Bsheedy Newbie

I use the Rapid Wall Charger from Verizon.

3. BeastMD

BeastMD Well-Known Member

Or get a wireless charging plate. I use the nokia branded one. Works great.

4. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member

5. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

The OEM charger MCS-04WT2 and cable that comes with the phone works. :D

Output is 1.8A. There are OEM chargers that look like the one that came with the G2, but they are not 1.8A at 5V.

If yours isn't working - ask LG to send you a replacement. If you are just looking for a spare for an alternate location, consider:

I tried an experiment. I tried using my HP Thinkpad Charger which is a 2A charger with my LG G2. I was not using a good quality cable, and the phone reported slow charging. With the OEM cable that came with the LG Charger, and the Thinkpad Charger, the phone charged at the fast rate.

As has been mentioned, the cable must be a good quality cable and not have a high internal resistance, which could result in excessive voltage drop in the cable itself. It also must support signalling the device that fast charging is available.
    HTH

6. jstcynske

jstcynske Member

Thanks for the responses everyone! I ordered a few of these, hopefully it all works out...
    Thanks

steamer86 likes this.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews