• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wall charger is not charging if evo is running

furuth

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
Hi,

The wall charger is not charging if my HTC EVO 4G is running (any apps). When the battery is low, the warning message comes out to remind me to connect it to the charger while the wall charger is actually connected all the time. Eventually, if I keep running the htc, it shuts down automatically because the battery is too low. Again, during all the time, the wall charger is connected to it and the indicator light on the left top corner stays red.

The wall charger only works when I turn off the HTC. The indicator will change to green eventually after the battery is fully charged (e.g. overnight). During all the time, the HTC has to be turned off which is very inconvenient.

If I use a PC/USB to charge the htc, the above problem doesn't exist. I can running any app while the PC is charging it.

Please help. Thx!

Hi,

The wall charger is not charging if my HTC EVO 4G is running (any apps). When the battery is low, the warning message comes out to remind me to connect it to the charger while the wall charger is actually connected all the time. Eventually, if I keep running the htc, it shuts down automatically because the battery is too low. Again, during all the time, the wall charger is connected to it and the indicator light on the left top corner stays red.

The wall charger only works when I turn off the HTC. The indicator will change to green eventually after the battery is fully charged (e.g. overnight). During all the time, the HTC has to be turned off which is very inconvenient.

If I use a PC/USB to charge the htc, the above problem doesn't exist. I can running any app while the PC is charging it.

Please help. Thx!

Upvote 0
im not an expert, but when you are triing to troubleshoot a problem, sometimes it helps when you backtrack your steps.

did this happen after you install an app or an update or change some settings?

any info that can make it easier for someone to pinpoint the problem is helpful, and sometimes you can fix it just by undoing the changes that were made....

i hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Hello furuth! :)

I moved your thread to the Evo Trouble shooting forum so the folks who are the most experienced with your device can jump in and help. :)

How long have you had the charger for that phone?
Is it the same one that came with your EVO or is an aftermarket one?
Have you had any unusual issues with battery life?

I would try another wall outlet for starters, see if that plug doesn't like your charger. Then try a new wall charger, then try a new battery.
I found a set of good batteries on Amazon that I really like, and the price is really nice. Check this thread out I started a while back. It has a link to the batteries on Amazon if you're interested.
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/429543-sharing-battery-love.html

Let us know if anything you try works!! :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones