• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wall mounting my LCD

T

The_Gnome_

Looking for some advice - wasn't sure where to post this as it isn'ta TV show discussion, but this still seemed like the best fit forum wise.

We're moving our LCD TV to the living room, and I want to mount it on the wall. I'm looking for brand suggestions for a mount/bracket, as well as any advice/warning/input from anyone who has done this themselves (I'm sure there's tons out there on this forum).

Thanks!

Looking for some advice - wasn't sure where to post this as it isn'ta TV show discussion, but this still seemed like the best fit forum wise.

We're moving our LCD TV to the living room, and I want to mount it on the wall. I'm looking for brand suggestions for a mount/bracket, as well as any advice/warning/input from anyone who has done this themselves (I'm sure there's tons out there on this forum).

Thanks!

I have mounted 4 or 5 lcd tvs between my house, my office, and my parents house and I have gone to monoprice for all of them except one. They are really cheap there but the mounts themselves are the same quality as the one I got at Target. I did have an issue with the screws that came with one of them but a trip to lowes and $0.30 later I was in good shape. The mount I bought at target for $100 is actually the one I have the most problems with cause the set screw on the swivel gets loose.

Just make sure you buy a mount that is made for the size tv you are mounting. It goes without saying but dont mount a 60" bracket intended for a 20" tv. I have actually seen it done before and it didnt end well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones