• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper Changing After Reboot (Version 4.4.2)

FreeRangers

Jun 25, 2012
I recently upgraded to 4.4.2 (stock ROM) and I noticed that after every reboot my wallpaper changes. I'm not using any live wallpapers, just a picture. I've turned off daydream, but that didn't do anything. I even created a separate folder for the picture I wanted to use (thinking that the OS was just picking pictures from the folder that the picture was in), but that didn't do anything either.

It's not a big deal, just a bit irritating that I have to change my picture back every morning.

Anyone else having this problem or have found a solution to this?

Thanks.

I recently upgraded to 4.4.2 (stock ROM) and I noticed that after every reboot my wallpaper changes. I'm not using any live wallpapers, just a picture. I've turned off daydream, but that didn't do anything. I even created a separate folder for the picture I wanted to use (thinking that the OS was just picking pictures from the folder that the picture was in), but that didn't do anything either.

It's not a big deal, just a bit irritating that I have to change my picture back every morning.

Anyone else having this problem or have found a solution to this?

Thanks.

It's doing the same thing on my phone.

Upvote 0
I've seen a couple other threads around the Internet, and no solution. It seems like its a problem with 4.4.2. I guess we'll just have to hope it gets fixed in 4.4.3

It is clearly not a widespread problem with Android 4.4.2. I'm not saying that to dismiss your problem, but it suggests that it is some limited interaction with *something* and it would be useful to try and identify that something as it is not likely that a fix will be made for a limited problem.

Unfortunately, the best test is a PITA. Do a factory reset and disallow any backed up programs from downloading. If it doesn't do it with a clean factory flash, then it is some kind of software interaction somewhere.

Also, might be useful to see if the folks who have the problem have anything in their setup in common which is not part of factory stock.

Upvote 0
Just noticed this today after restarting my phone, thought it was something weird or a setting on the revamped zedge app that changed it

Yep, it would appear to be Zedge. I noticed that Zedge was mention in another thread like this, so I looked thorough Zedge's settings but couldn't find anything to indicate this behavior, so I uninstalled Zedge and rebooted my phone and the wallpaper didn't change. I rebooted my phone several times since (just to test my theory) and the wall paper stayed the same.

So it seems like Zedge is the culprit.

Reactions: mk_ultra19
Upvote 0
Yep, it would appear to be Zedge. I noticed that Zedge was mention in another thread like this, so I looked thorough Zedge's settings but couldn't find anything to indicate this behavior, so I uninstalled Zedge and rebooted my phone and the wallpaper didn't change. I rebooted my phone several times since (just to test my theory) and the wall paper stayed the same.

So it seems like Zedge is the culprit.

Same here. Found my answer here: [ROM] RASTAKAT [Android 4.4.2_r1 KOT49H] [PRODUCT_DEVICE := hammerhead] - Page 55 - xda-developers

Uninstalled Zedge and no more problem. I enjoy the app so emailed the developer. Hopefully they can fix it.

Reactions: mk_ultra19
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones