• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper cropping box suddenly changed orientation!?

horangeez

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I have a question. Basically my crop box for setting wallpapers has changed from a landscape box to a portrait box. Before I was able to set wallpapers that were longer in width fully but not i can only get like a third of it. On the other hand, I can set pictures that are longer in height as full wallpapers but with barely any scrolling. Is there any way to fix this???

Thank you

Welcome to the forums, horangeez.

Try clearing the cache in the Gallery application manager.

Other than that, I'm wondering if you've changed a setting.

hey sorry i don't understand.. how do i clear the cache in a "gallery application manager"? also i forgot to say the reason this happenned was because i used a wallpaper app (it's a korean app by Mokey - do not use this). This wallpaper app only has wallpapers that are longer vertically and when i used the app to set my wallpaper with one of the pictures the cropping box changed to a vertical/portrait orientation. i uninstalled the app but no use. =(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones