• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper cropping issue?

lendzy

Feb 3, 2011
I purchased my NC today and have already rooted it using autonooter. Over all I am absolutely thrilled with it!

The issue I have run into is that when I'm changing the wallpaper I'm only getting a small portion of what I wanted on the screen. I pick the photo either direct from the gallery or astro file manager, select the area to crop and hit save. When I get back to the home screen I'm only seeing about 1/3-1/2 of what should be on the screen.

I'm probably missing something. Actually I'm shocked I got this far, I couldn't even root my Incredible :D
Any pointers would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have had my best luck with sizing wallpapers by doing a couple of things. First, get wallpaper that's 1680 x 1050. This is what worked for me. Second, put the images in the Wallpaper folder of the NC internal memory. I found that if I put the image in the Wallpaper folder and in the Pictures folder, it never, ever, ever looked right if I selected it from the Pictures folder. Third, go to the default launcher and change the wallpaper. Pick the wallpaper you want from the Wallpaper folder and not the Picture folder.

Upvote 0
i use an app named QuickPic for my photo viewer on my phone, so i added it to the NC when i rooted it.

when i change my wallpaper, it gives me the option to use the stock gallery or QuickPic to complete the action.

the stock gallery screws up the size, crop, resolution, everything.

with QuickPic, it works perfectly.

try it out. hopefully that will help.

Upvote 0
There's an app in the Android Market called Wallpaper Set and Save that will take any size picture, resize it and set it as your wallpaper without losing any of the details of the paper. On my Droid Incredible I have a wallpaper that the original size was 1920x1200.

I used Wallpaper Set and Save and was perfectly resized and set as my wallpaper.

Upvote 0
There's an app in the Android Market called Wallpaper Set and Save that will take any size picture, resize it and set it as your wallpaper without losing any of the details of the paper. On my Droid Incredible I have a wallpaper that the original size was 1920x1200.

I used Wallpaper Set and Save and was perfectly resized and set as my wallpaper.

i d/l'd it, and i can't figure out how to use it.

Upvote 0
hi,

I recently bought motorola quench XT3 xt502. I want to set the wall paper full screen i.e., 320 X 480. But I am unable to do that with default settings. I tried, wallaby and wallpaper set and save. But could not achieve it. both the apps are displaying zoomed portion of certain area of the picture. What should I do? Please help. mine is andro 2.1

thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I am having an issue with this. I want non-scrolling wallpaper so that is shows the whole thing all the time. I disables scrolling but when I try to select my wallpaper it still wants me to crop the image instead of letting me select the whole thing. I put the wallpapers on the internal wallpaper folder. I cannot figure out how to get to the stock launcher, I am using ADW. Suggestions?

Fixed!

I used an app called Wallpaper Wizardrii that is excellent.

Ok, I have a question. Can the NC use two different wallpapers. One for portrait and one for landscape where it just switches automatically?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones