• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper for my Captivate?

pmart317

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Hey everyone been messing around with my phone and I love it! The only thing that i have been seeing is that when i take a picture from my phone and save it to my background, I have to crop it and then it gets a little zoomed in and the resolution is not the same as it was. There a way i can download or photoshop my images so its the right resolution for my captivate!? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I had the same problem you did, then I realized you can in fact resize the cropping tool to the full size of the image. Just press on the border of the cropping tool and drag.

I thought the same thing but it only allows me to crop about half of an image. I've tried it on wallpapers that are exactly 800x480 and pictures that were sent to me, yet every time it doesn't allow full image crop.

Upvote 0
I tried sizing my images to 960x800 and they look horrible. The phone stretches it an eliminates part of the picture. Shouldn't it be 800x960? I mean the screen is taller than it is wide.

No, it's 960 wide by 800 high as the default setting on the phone is to scroll the wallpaper as you switch between home pages.

This is mentioned on the Captivate FAQ:

Customization - CapFAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones