1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wallpaper gone off-centre in Nova Launcher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrCarrot, Aug 21, 2014.

1. MrCarrot

MrCarrot Newbie

OK, I've had the Moto G for 4 or 5 weeks, and in that time I've had Nova Launcher for 3 weeks or so.

Last night, ironically, I was going to pay for Nova Prime. Before doing so, I used the Chrome browser in landscape mode (normally I use everything in portrait). Upon returning to the home screen, I noticed that my wallpaper had gone off-centre. I put this down to a glitch and changed the wallpaper, carefully selecting the crop area using Nova's wallpaper crop setting. However, no matter what picture I used and no matter how carefully I crop it, it would always end up off-centre.

In the end here are the things I've tried to correct the issue:

1) Wipe Nova's cache - didn't work

2) Clear all of Nova's data and start again - didn't work

3) Uninstalled Nova and re-installed - didn't work

4) Cleared my cache partition - didn't work

5) Set the wallpaper through the Settings > Display menu instead of through the Nova setting - didn't work

6) Set the wallpaper via the stock launcher and then switched back to Nova - didn't work

The only things I've found to work are as follows:

1) Use the stock launcher instead, as this doesn't seem to have the problem. Not really a viable option as I like Nova.

2) Have an even number of home screens each side of the master home screen. So 5 screens in total solves the problem, however I like having 3 home screens which exhibits the problem. Strangely, if I have only a single home screen the wallpaper is off-centre.

3) Disable the wallpaper scrolling - this cures the problem, and this is what I've done for now. It's a shame to have to do this though if you have a wide, interesting wallpaper.

Although it might seem like a minor issue it's frustrating that it wasn't like this for 3 weeks, and now suddenly it goes like this with no way to fix it.

Short of a factory reset is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews