• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ScarletMoon

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Hello!

I am in need of a good bit of help here. I have had a Motorola Droid 2 Global for some years now, I believe I bought it around Christmas 2010. Anyway, at some point I lost the phone and received a refurbished one via the Asurion Wireless insurance plan that I have with Verizon.

Anyway, when I logged into the phone with my google account the phone automatically loaded my old wallpaper onto the phone. However, when I did the same thing with my new Galaxy S3 it did not load the wallpaper onto my new phone.

Unfortunately it seems that the wallpaper image is not an actual file that I can find anywhere on my old phone!

The picture is pretty sentimental to me and I'd really like to recover it if at all possible.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

Thanks for answering so quick.

Here's the deal, I took the picture with my first Droid 2, but then like I said, I lost it and received a refurbished one from Asurion. When I synced my data from the cloud, all it did was make the image my wallpaper. Nowhere on the phone can I find the actual file that was the picture.

Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks for answering so quick.

Here's the deal, I took the picture with my first Droid 2, but then like I said, I lost it and received a refurbished one from Asurion. When I synced my data from the cloud, all it did was make the image my wallpaper. Nowhere on the phone can I find the actual file that was the picture.

Is your Droid 2 still functioning? Can you plug it into your computer and see the photo? I am not familiar with the Droid 2 file structure, but can you open the pic with the Gallery app?
Would it help to move this thread to the Droid 2 forums as we are trying to retrieve the photo off of that device?
I want to get the best help available for you, so that is just a thought:)

Edit: just saw your post funky...no pressure here :rolleyes: :eek:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Yes the Droid 2 still functioning, but like I said, I can't find it anywhere. It's not in my gallery and when I plugged the phone in to my computer I clicked through every folder- nothing seems to be there.

What I don't understand is why when I synced my new phone to my google account it didn't just become my background like it did last time.

If you think it would help I'd be fine with you moving the thread to the Droid 2 forum.

Upvote 0
Where is current wallpaper stored on s3 bro? Would it require root to access it?
hmm, never really looked into it....not going to do that now as it's getting late and I iz tyred :p

Yes the Droid 2 still functioning, but like I said, I can't find it anywhere. It's not in my gallery and when I plugged the phone in to my computer I clicked through every folder- nothing seems to be there.

What I don't understand is why when I synced my new phone to my google account it didn't just become my background like it did last time.

If you think it would help I'd be fine with you moving the thread to the Droid 2 forum.

I think you would get more help there my friend...stand by and I will p.m. you the link...so be sure to check your private message inbox:) Hang on ;)

Upvote 0
Bump.

I went to Verizon over the weekend- they're trying to tell me that I should just be able to log onto the backup assistant somehow and it will just be there. The girl behind the counter didn't really seem to know what she was doing though and wasn't much help otherwise. I just don't get how it can be on the phone, but not an actual file on the phone- it just doesn't make sense!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones