1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wallpaper Issues - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zbban1, Jul 18, 2011.

1. zbban1

zbban1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    SE Michigan
    This has made me crazy with the Droid X and now the same thing is happening with the new Prevail. I go to gallery, click on a pic (all on SD card), hit menu, click more, set as wallpaper. The highlighted square comes on the pic, I either click on save or try to make the box go "taller" (as to fill up the home screen better), click save, then when I back out and look at the home screen, the pics look crappy, either blurry or not centered or look way too magnified. WHAT am I doing wrong? :mad: I am not rooted - and have absolutely no clue what all this rooting talk is about - but would that help these wallpaper issues? I just want to be able to see a pic I like show up on the home screen as I see it on a web page that I picked it from and not have the pic blurry, off center, etc. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    That lighted square if you expand that it "blows up" the pic causing pixeling You either need a larger ie higher megapixel photo or if the pic isnt big enough have a border around it. If it is off center it is probably because it centers to all screens so if you try to center the pic it is only showing up on the main and the ones to the right of it. To get it really centered you have to goo to the left edge

3. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Android Expert
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
  4. zbban1

zbban1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Even when I don't expand that square most of the pics look messed up. All of the pics are large enough, so no need for a border. Some were taken with my Sony Cybershot full-size dig camera, so excellent pixels there. I did try moving the square to the left and that worked as far as centering goes, but some still were blurry.

5. zbban1

zbban1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    SE Michigan

I am going to try this right now...it couldn't hurt.

6. new optimus

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    it is possible the aspect ratio because of the phones small odd sized screen is doing it.
    I have some that appear blurry as well

7. zbban1

zbban1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I see...I did install a couple of apps that have some decent wallpapers, so I guess I'll stick with those. I played around with a couple of my personal pics, might be just as you said, aspect ratio. Thank you all for your help!

8. new optimus

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    No problem.
    I have one picture of my son all dressed up he is 3 I messed around till I got it looking like I want I like that pic for my background lol

9. zbban1

zbban1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I hear ya...have a fav pic of my grandson dressed up for Halloween and want it for my background...will continue to mess with it, but have found at least some decent/clear ones through the market apps in the meantime...thanks again. ;)