1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support wallpaper issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patcal, Feb 22, 2011.

1. patcal

patcal Newbie

I reset my P509 when I got it to clear all the stuff from the previous owner. Now when I assign a wallpaper, it goes across all five work spaces or home pages. None of my previous wallpaper fit this phone. Any links or directions for a newb? Thanks.

Pat

Advertisement

2. patcal

patcal Newbie

Well, don't bother. I am selling this thing. It has way too much for me. I am not getting used to the touch screen, the battery life seems to be quite poor & I don have or want a data plan. Sorry about wasting anybodies time.

Pat

3. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

Dunno about the wallpaper.

The OptT battery use really isn't bad in the Android world. You can see my post elsewhere about trying (and succeeding, it appears) to reduce power consumption.

As far as a data plan, many of us don't have one. I use wifi and buy the $1.49 Day Pass for 24hrs of data when I really need inet right then and there. Cheap, effective, useful.

Unless you have severe buyer's remorse I'd give the T a few days to see if you can learn to love it. It's got great specs for an "entry-level" Android phone. About the only folks who wouldn't be suited for it would be the "download every app" junkies and games addicts. :)

4. patcal

patcal Newbie

Well I spent the day playing with it & now I think I really screwed up. When I put my sim card in the last time the phone would not recognize it. Just shows the black sim icon & no network. When I put the sim back in my Gravity T, it works fine.I have not done anything with any apps. I don't know what I am going to do now. Anyway, thanks for the resonce.

Pat

5. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

It will do that if it's in airplane mode, BTW. Freaked me out the first time I saw it.

Menu | Settings | Wireless & Networks | Airplane Mode

I've never seen a phone that shows "no SIM" in airplane mode, but perhaps I've lived a sheltered life.

6. patcal

patcal Newbie

It actually wasn't the sim card it wanted but the SD card. I did not know you had to have a SD card unless you were going to store pictures but as soon as I put the SD card in all was fine. I thought I screwed it up for sure. I am getting used to the typing but man I am stuck on this wallpaper thing. I also can not figure out how to use the calendar if you are not online. Have to find a standalone calendar. Thanks.

Pat

Tags: