• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper maker for droid x

brute347

Jan 7, 2011
Hi,

So I hate the way wall papers are setup on the droid x, that stupid box that makes you crop and put a picture that's small than you want...

Is there a program that works like the iphone? Where you can zoom into a picture and have it set exactly that way. Or you can just open a picture and set it as the wallpaper the exact size it opens up in....

I want to set certain wallpapers but I always have to chop off half of the imagine and I hate it...

Hi,

So I hate the way wall papers are setup on the droid x, that stupid box that makes you crop and put a picture that's small than you want...

Is there a program that works like the iphone? Where you can zoom into a picture and have it set exactly that way. Or you can just open a picture and set it as the wallpaper the exact size it opens up in....

I want to set certain wallpapers but I always have to chop off half of the imagine and I hate it...

resize the image?...

if you have any links to pictures i can resize them in about 2.2 seconds and get em back to ya if that is easier...

Upvote 0
Ok you know how you go to your pictures right, you open one and you go to set as/wallpaper, then it gives you the picture but with that stupid gold box that you have to size up which forces you to only use a certain part of the imagine.

I don't want that. I want to be able to set a picture as a wallpaper the exact size it shows when you open up that picture, like the iphone does

Upvote 0
Ok you know how you go to your pictures right, you open one and you go to set as/wallpaper, then it gives you the picture but with that stupid gold box that you have to size up which forces you to only use a certain part of the imagine.

I don't want that. I want to be able to set a picture as a wallpaper the exact size it shows when you open up that picture, like the iphone does

it doesn't do that because the box sets the image up for the right resolution...it takes into account the wallpaper scrolling of the phone...DX wallpapers have to 960x854

it would be nice if the phone downscaled images...but it doesn't...you just have to resize them on your own...

with the funky wallpaper size needed for the DX...if the phone tried to scale things to proper resolutions it would have all sorts of problems because VERY FEW images are going to be in that aspect ratio...

which means...that you would either get black bars on the top/bottom, or left/right of the images...OR...you would have images that would be stretched out of proportion...

Upvote 0
I don't understand that?

Ok, lets say i took a picture of my dog. The camara takes the picture, I VIEW the picture in the phone under "gallery" the picture i'm viewing is taking over the entire screen as I view it, I want that exactly, as my wall paper. Why can't that work if the phone is rendering the image for me in the gallery????

I really don't get it....but even so- does that mean no one makes or no one has heard of an app that's been made specifically for that purpose?

Upvote 0
i found one on the market called Wallpaper Wizardrii- It almost does what I want.

It doesn't let you zoom in though
And it zooms into the picture a little bit on its own.
It allows you to set it as a scrolling wall paper or no scroll or set exact as image is shown, etc etc...
I hope this helps others having the same issue.

Upvote 0
A really easy way to make wall paper is to open the image in Picasa.

In the "Basic Fixes" tab select "crop". In "crop" go to "custom aspect ratios" and select "add custom aspect ratio". In the dimensions box input 960 and 854. Name the aspect ratio (I named mine Droid X). Picasa will save the custom aspect ratio for future use.

Select your photo and crop it with the Droid X custom aspect ratio. In the "file" tab select "save". Your new wall paper is all set. Simply email it to a Droid X accessible email account.

It may sound complicated, but it isn't. I now resize wall papers in seconds.

Upvote 0
I'm a novice when it comes to working around the manipulations & customizations of my Galaxy Captivate. I LOVE my phone & I'm a new user to a smart phone in general. Anyway, I wanted to set images from my SD card as a wallpaper and after trying several apps, I finally joined this forum (well actually my son in law joined for me) and he saw your posts on the Wallpaper Wizardrii app. He set it up for me, showed me how to use it and it is awesome. EXACLTLY what I wanted to do with my images being resized to fit my beautiful screen perfectly. Thanks to everyone who gave the Wallpaper Wizardrii a plug. If you're a newbie, check it out. I finally get to put my two month old grandson on my wallpaper in perfect sizes. Thank you all!
Kat

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones