1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Wallpaper not changing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vulpinus, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Vulpinus

Vulpinus Member

May 5, 2010
    I tried to search to see if this was a known bug but didn't find an answer - so if someone has had this issue - I would appreciate their advice.

I tend to alternate b/w using Live wallpapers and regular ones. There's been no problems switching to a Live wallpaper but when I try to change the wallpaper to a regular one it reverts back to the default wallpaper. However if I do a reboot after that it will display the last wallpaper I attempted to change to before the reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen New Member

May 12, 2010
    I see this same behavior on my Incredible. It sometimes happens just changing Scenes, not necessarily TO or FROM a live wallpaper - just going from one static wallpaper scene to another (both HTC wallpapers). When I try to change the wallpaper, it doesn't "take" - no error, no black screen, nothing. I go through the steps of selecting a wallpaper, and when I return to home screen, the wallpaper is what it was previously. Doesn't seem to matter if I select HTC wallpaper or a photo.

This is really annoying. And I am positive it hasn't always happened. I've changed scenes and wallpapers in the past without this issue. I can't begin to guess what may have caused this to change, having installed a number of apps over the past two months.

Sorry not to have a solution.

[Edit]: I did find this thread: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...38-unable-change-wallpaper-my-incredible.html