• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper not changing

Vulpinus

May 5, 2010
I tried to search to see if this was a known bug but didn't find an answer - so if someone has had this issue - I would appreciate their advice.

I tend to alternate b/w using Live wallpapers and regular ones. There's been no problems switching to a Live wallpaper but when I try to change the wallpaper to a regular one it reverts back to the default wallpaper. However if I do a reboot after that it will display the last wallpaper I attempted to change to before the reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I see this same behavior on my Incredible. It sometimes happens just changing Scenes, not necessarily TO or FROM a live wallpaper - just going from one static wallpaper scene to another (both HTC wallpapers). When I try to change the wallpaper, it doesn't "take" - no error, no black screen, nothing. I go through the steps of selecting a wallpaper, and when I return to home screen, the wallpaper is what it was previously. Doesn't seem to matter if I select HTC wallpaper or a photo.

This is really annoying. And I am positive it hasn't always happened. I've changed scenes and wallpapers in the past without this issue. I can't begin to guess what may have caused this to change, having installed a number of apps over the past two months.

Sorry not to have a solution.

[Edit]: I did find this thread: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...38-unable-change-wallpaper-my-incredible.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones