1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wallpaper not spanning anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sinfulsanctuar, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sinfulsanctuar

None

Jan 2, 2012
    I've come across this issue, not sure if it really is an issue, but I have to make sure.

The Android and Sense update arrived a couple of weeks or so ago and that went perfectly fine (it felt like I had gotten new phone!). Now, for various reasons and slow support, I decided to do a factory reset yesterday (nothing wrong with the phone, just Hotmail). After the reset I added the old picture I used as wallpaper, and noticed I could only crop it in a one-screen-size. So now my wallpapers won't span the seven homescreens anymore. I have googled my fingers sore, I have scoured the settings, I have asked someone I know with the same phone, and their wallpaper still spans after the upgrade. I've tried restarting my phone twice, I've tried different scenes, I've tried different wallpapers. Nothing works.

Has this happened to anyone else or is there something that went wrong when I reset the phone? Is there something I/we could do to fix this? I liked that the wallpaper moved too when you moved between homescreens.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to AF! :)

As far as I'm aware, it's a "feature" of the new update? All of the Sense 3.x ROMs I've tried have had the sticky wallpaper by default. Is there anything in the display settings you might have missed?

3. McCookie

McCookie Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    There is an app called Wallpaper Wizardrii that allows you to turn off "wallpaper scrolling" maybe installing it and enable it would work?

4. sinfulsanctuar

None

Jan 2, 2012
    El Presidente: If it's a new "feature" it's strange that my aunt's wallpaper spans just like before the update. She has the exact same phone as me...

McCookie: I've come across the name of that app in my searches, but then it was only mentioned when people didn't want the wallpaper to scroll/span. But if it does both, I'm gonna try it! Thanks so far :)

5. sinfulsanctuar

None

Jan 2, 2012
    Wizardrii didn't work for me, I tried all of the settings. When I exited the app, I saw that it had cropped the image correctly, but when I moved to the right or left, the image was fixed and didn't move with the screen.

As for the screen/display settings (keep in mind, my phone is not in English so settings so I might translate settings and titles wrong:)
    Settings > Screen: Rotate screen automatically, Animation, Brightness, Screensaver, Alert light, G-sensor calibration
    Personalisation > Scene: None of the scenes make a difference in the wallpaper other than using different images
    Personalisation > Skin: Only wallpaper difference is different images
    Personalisation > Background: HTC backgrounds / Live wallpapers / gallery. Doesn't matter which one I choose, "static" on everyone.

I can't say I find any other settings that might have something to do with it...