1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wallpaper options?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phredbull, Feb 20, 2011.

1. phredbull

phredbull Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    I have a question about using images as wallpapers; When I search for Android wallpapers, I find some panoramic images that are meant to span across all home screens. When I click and hold the image and set it as my wallpaper, it will scale the image to fit across all 7 home screens, leaving black bars at the top and bottom, which often actually looks good.
    But if I download that same image, then set it as my wallpaper through the options menu, it forces me to crop the image and then zooms it in to fill the entire screen.
    Is there a way to set wallpaper options to "scale", "zoom", "span", "full size", etc, or must I always select images from within the web browser to get it to display how I want?

(Samsung Vibrant, Froyo via Kies, no root)

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello phredbull.

I've found it best to download the image, allowing it to appear in the Gallery app, then manipulate it from there as to size using the border dragging method provided when viewing the pic, rather than immediately setting it as a background while viewing it in the browser.

3. phredbull

phredbull Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks for your reply. The "wallpaper-directly-from-browser" method allows me to bypass the cropping, resulting in an image w/less zoom and pixelation. I find many of the images available look quite pixelated on my Vibrant. I was hoping for a way to allow this manner of display w/downloaded images as well...