• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper question.

Hey guys,

Nothing major really.

But i have a picture i want to set as my background. Unfortunatly i want to keep it so it shows the whole picture on one homescreen, and doesnt change as i slide to other screens. If i have it spread accross all 7 of my homescreens it looks terrible. Any way of making it stick in the postition its in??

Hey guys,

Nothing major really.

But i have a picture i want to set as my background. Unfortunatly i want to keep it so it shows the whole picture on one homescreen, and doesnt change as i slide to other screens. If i have it spread accross all 7 of my homescreens it looks terrible. Any way of making it stick in the postition its in??

Theres an awesome gallery replacement app i use called QuickPic... its much faster than the standard gallery, doesn't have the resolution bug, and if you use it to set a wallpaper it keeps it static between page switches ;)

I still use the normal gallery from time to time, for picasa etc. but its definately worth having QuickPic for speed, and the ability to zoom in on photos without them blurring!

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

Upvote 0
Theres an awesome gallery replacement app i use called QuickPic... its much faster than the standard gallery, doesn't have the resolution bug, and if you use it to set a wallpaper it keeps it static between page switches ;)

I still use the normal gallery from time to time, for picasa etc. but its definately worth having QuickPic for speed, and the ability to zoom in on photos without them blurring!

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

Ahh, strange i downloaded that the other day and didn't realise it could do that thanks man.

Upvote 0
Whats a resolution bug?

When the stock gallery renders an image in full screen, it renders it at a lower resolution. The resolution should increase as you pinch to zoom in, so as to keep clarity. This doesn't happen however... try it, save a super high res (like 12 megapixel) image onto your phone and your PC. Zoom in on each, and look at the quality difference. The image will be MUCH sharper/clearer on the PC. Now, download QuickPic from the market and load the same picture into it. Zoom in, and you'll notice it now looks as good as on your PC screen.

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones