1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wallpaper sizing issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cougar214, May 18, 2011.

1. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I'm not quite sure how to explain this so i'll do the best I can. When you go into your gallery to set a picture as a wallpaper it brings you to a "resize" window where it allows you to select the amount of picture to use.

Now I have put 3 additional pictures on my phone to use as wallpaper. The pictures are the max resolution of 854X480 and they are in .jpg format. Now my issue is when it wants me to resize the photo. It wants to resize way smaller than the whole picture.

The yellow box centers in the picture and won't increase in size so I can use the whole picture. Other pictures I have in the same resolution and format will let me select the whole picture. Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: I have tried this going through the gallery selecting wallpaper and the sd card going right to the picture in the folder with the same result.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

gotta move it here. I get 50 Cents per post move. :p

3. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Great, now i'll never get an answer. Thanks Steven........:p

EDIT: I got it worked out.

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Let us know what the problem was. That way, if someone else has a similar issue and they search for it here, they can find this thread and get an answer that might help them. Glad to hear you figured it out.

5. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

FYI....if you want to actually create a proper Droid X wallpaper...you should use the size 960x854...that size accounts for the "wallpaper scrolling"

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews