1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wally

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by whinds01, Apr 24, 2012.

1. whinds01

whinds01 Lurker

Hi There... A NewBe to the Droid OS. Would like to learn about the OS. Is it a UNIX base os? Where do I start? I would like to be able to transfer files, make my wife''s Tablet, A500 Acer print to my bluetooth printer and other tasks. I also use a Verzion X2 Droid cell phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Welcome to AndroidForums! The answer to your question about based on is, yes, but no. Android is based on linux but modified to fit phone hardware, though linux is based based/is unix. Here's your devices section:X2 and your wife's: A500
    Where you should begin is learn about rooting, then custom ROM, and the rest you'll learn as you go along; ask any of your questions on you device's section we have plently of knowledgeable users/devs for your device( and community). Hope you learn, blossom, and enjoy your time at AF!

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Welcome aboard. :ciao:

You'll find lots of info and tips on your device over @your device's support forum. If you need further assistance, feel free to give one of us Guides a shout!

Have fun.
    In my signature you'll find a FAQ'S link that will answer most of your queries.