• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Any one have experience with Wal-mart's wireless department? I ask because there's a 24 hour Wal-mart near my house, and it'd be cool to stroll in at 12:01am Jun 4th and snag an EVO. I know I did that when the Xbox 360 was released many many moons ago. lol

Does Wal-mart typically get hot new phones on release day or do they lag behind a few days? Any Wal-mart employees or people in the know on the boards?

PS I've already pre-ordered at BB so I'll have mines when they open at 10am, but it'd be cool to scoop it up at midnight then just use my $50 preorder card at BB on accessories.

Any one have experience with Wal-mart's wireless department? I ask because there's a 24 hour Wal-mart near my house, and it'd be cool to stroll in at 12:01am Jun 4th and snag an EVO. I know I did that when the Xbox 360 was released many many moons ago. lol

Does Wal-mart typically get hot new phones on release day or do they lag behind a few days? Any Wal-mart employees or people in the know on the boards?

PS I've already pre-ordered at BB so I'll have mines when they open at 10am, but it'd be cool to scoop it up at midnight then just use my $50 preorder card at BB on accessories.

i havent heard anything about walmart doing pre-orders. and at this point so close to the release, i doubt that they will. but i dont know for sure. just my opinion.

Upvote 0
On Friday 6/4/10
I went hunting for the Evo

Best Buy - Pre orders only until 6/10/10
Radio Shack - Pre Orders only until everyone name is off their list or they have spare stock (2nd or 3rd shipment)

Wal mart - I went to 6 different walmarts, all different results:

#1 - She has recieved a dummy evo but the actual phones did not come in.
#2 - whats an Evo
#3 - no sprint phones
#4 - please come back noon, she knew about the phone
#5 - no sprint phones
#6 - I havent recieved shipments, not sure if we are gonna get it

Saturday I went to 2 more walmart

#1 - I went to the #2 store above - sry we dont have any
#2 - new walmart - Katy, TX - she had 10 in the front, unsure how many in the back.
I was the first guy on Saturday 3pm to grab the Evo from there.

SO YMMV with Wal Mart!

Upvote 0
I feel you Demo. On Friday - I went to 4 RS, 4BB and 6 Walmart + 6-8 Sprint stores.
I an indpendent contractor worker so I drive to alot of places, so every time I see one of those stores, I make a quick stop.
everyone denied me of my evo, no pre order.

sat - 2 rs, 1bb, 3 sprint before I hit the 2 wal marts, all denied until wal mart said yes.
i was so thrilled. I walked in there with an expectation of NO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones