• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hmmm, there are a few errors that I'm pretty sure about...

Motorola's page says it has DNLA streaming, Wally's says no.

Nowhere does Moto state it is rugged-ized, I'm pretty sure they would be bragging about it, if it was. (It would be great it it really was, though)

I'd be willing to bet it HAS an accelorometer, and NOT PTT.

There are a couple of more that I'm not as sure about, so I'll keep my trap shut about those for now. :)

My local Sprint store still has not received any confirmation as to when they will be coming in. The manager hasn't even been able to find out when they will ship. Last week he told me he was sure he would have them by Friday, now he doesn't know. (and he said that's unusual, as for all other past releases, he had had the phones in 3-5 days before the release.)

In the past, he has showed me the Pre, Evo, and 3VO, a few days before he could sell them. ...the only one I bought was the Pre ;-

I sure hope he gets them in time for Sunday!

So it looks like walmart has there listing up now. Not sure it has been posted elsewhere but they need to look at what they put up there as a few items are listed wrong, like 3G data - no lol

Motorola Photon™ 4G (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com

Upvote 0
No, but it does already have 16gb of "available" internal storage (probably 12gb after bloatware).

It can take an additional micro SD card for up to 32gb in addition to the built in memory for a total of 48 gb.

I am going to move the 8gb I put into my old Hero to the photon, and then If I run out I will buy a 32 to upgrade to the full 48 gb.

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
I guess I could take my 16gb MicroSD card out of my Epic before I trade it in so I can use it in the Photon. I hope that won't affect the value of my trade-in too much.

I can include the 2 Samsung brand batteries that I have and maybe that will be an even trade.

Oh, and I have a second charger and a non-OEM battery to include with that package too. They might as well take it all.

Upvote 0
No, but it does already have 16gb of "available" internal storage (probably 12gb after bloatware).

It can take an additional micro SD card for up to 32gb in addition to the built in memory for a total of 48 gb.

I am going to move the 8gb I put into my old Hero to the photon, and then If I run out I will buy a 32 to upgrade to the full 48 gb.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/379193-just-received-my-photon-4g.html

Actually, one of the pics shawheim took before he had to return the Photon to Motorola was of the storage space:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6139/5959342696_e4df2c53a7_z.jpg

There was a 16gb storage card that the seller had kept in there, but the internal storage was split up with 2.83 GB for apps and 8.91GB of internal storage on top of that. So, assuming the production version is the same, it'll be 11.74GB of internal storage and the remaining 4.26 GB is bloatware.

Upvote 0
I guess I could take my 16gb MicroSD card out of my Epic before I trade it in so I can use it in the Photon. I hope that won't affect the value of my trade-in too much.

I can include the 2 Samsung brand batteries that I have and maybe that will be an even trade.

Oh, and I have a second charger and a non-OEM battery to include with that package too. They might as well take it all.

I had an extra battery for my vibrant and an 8 gig card in it. They gave me the card and the battery back saying that they don't take those with the trade-in, but I can recycle the battery if I wanted to. I kept the card and sold the battery. So don't even bother carting it all in there, they wont need it or want it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones