• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Wan To Ask] A Few Question about LG Marquee

liemjerry

Jul 8, 2012
Dear Friends,

I want to know a few things about LG Marque to explore this device more :

1. How to turn on LG Marquee without click the upper-power button ? Maybe we can turn on from sleep from 4 touch screen controls below, what setting I must take?

2. How to manage application, so we can categorize application, games, etc...

3. How to apply new Theme, does we can go straight to theme applicator, what we must do?

4. Can I update this Device to ICS ?

5. How to set every application we download always store on MicroSD Card?

6. How to make the date and day appear on homescreen, not just on lock-screen ?

Thanks for your attention...

regards,
Jerry

1. How to turn on LG Marquee without click the upper-power button ? Maybe we can turn on from sleep from 4 touch screen controls below, what setting I must take?

I've seen an app that does this but it is experimental and buggy. Maybe someone else in here can better answer this question.

2. How to manage application, so we can categorize application, games, etc...

Most launchers will allow you to do this by creating folders in the app drawer to categorize your apps.

3. How to apply new Theme, does we can go straight to theme applicator, what we must do?

Root your phone, install a custom ROM and then look for themes for your ROM. There are several for CTMod. Find the threads and follow the instruction on how to apply.

4. Can I update this Device to ICS ?

NO. Not yet.

5. How to set every application we download always store on MicroSD Card?

Why do you want to do that? The Marquee has 3gigs of internal storage. Also, there are quite a few apps that will not work properly when transferred to the sd card. If you still want to do this, you might want to look at App2sd. You will need to format your sd card accordingly.

6. How to make the date and day appear on homescreen, not just on lock-screen ?

Get a widget that will allow you to do this. I recommend Beautiful Widgets.

Upvote 0
Thank you wetbiker about your answer..

Ok,
So, we just "only" can switch the display on from Power button above..its OK when I can't change any setting in Marquee.

For organize application, I have downloaded from GooglePlay : The Appication Manager, seems interesting and so easy to organize :)

About root my Marquee, what's the effect(s) instead of I can Apply Theme in my Marquee ?

Application that I download from Google Play, naturally saved on Phone memory, but I have just downloaded application that can move application that "surely" can move to MicroSD Card (not every application can), It's OK.. :)

I have just downloaded Digital Clock Widget, It just appear Clock, not weather.

What's the BEST WIDGET as you suggest for me that can completely give information about : Clock, Day, Weather, etc that simple looks but elegant/modern-look ?

Thank you agan Wetbiker, nice to chat with you :)

Upvote 0
Thank you wetbiker about your answer..

Ok,
So, we just "only" can switch the display on from Power button above..its OK when I can't change any setting in Marquee.

For organize application, I have downloaded from GooglePlay : The Appication Manager, seems interesting and so easy to organize :)

About root my Marquee, what's the effect(s) instead of I can Apply Theme in my Marquee ?

Application that I download from Google Play, naturally saved on Phone memory, but I have just downloaded application that can move application that "surely" can move to MicroSD Card (not every application can), It's OK.. :)

I have just downloaded Digital Clock Widget, It just appear Clock, not weather.

What's the BEST WIDGET as you suggest for me that can completely give information about : Clock, Day, Weather, etc that simple looks but elegant/modern-look ?

Thank you agan Wetbiker, nice to chat with you :)

Ok the benefits of rooting your phone are many. Not only can you run many more apps, you can also remove all of the "Bloatware". These are apps that most people do not use and can only be removed by rooting. In other words, the apps are basically locked in the ROM.

Rooting your phone will give you access to all of the system files too. This is very helpful when running custom ROMs and modifying your phone.

The best widget that I recommend for clock weather. etc. is called Beautiful Widgets. I've had it for a long time and it has many themes that you can download to help customize the look of your phone.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.:D

Upvote 0
Ok the benefits of rooting your phone are many. Not only can you run many more apps, you can also remove all of the "Bloatware". These are apps that most people do not use and can only be removed by rooting. In other words, the apps are basically locked in the ROM.

Rooting your phone will give you access to all of the system files too. This is very helpful when running custom ROMs and modifying your phone.

The best widget that I recommend for clock weather. etc. is called Beautiful Widgets. I've had it for a long time and it has many themes that you can download to help customize the look of your phone.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.:D

Thank you wetbiker, one again many thanks for your help

Ok, I decide to Root my Marquee, so is there any STEP BY STEP procedure that I can follow to root My Marquee safely ?

Upvote 0
Thank you wetbiker, one again many thanks for your help

Ok, I decide to Root my Marquee, so is there any STEP BY STEP procedure that I can follow to root My Marquee safely ?

Read through the All Things Root section. There is a ton of info in there for you. There is also a step-by-step thread for rooting your phone.

Marquee - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones