• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want a cheap Media Tablet.. hmm ipad clone?

weltall

Jun 26, 2011
Ok so I decided to get a Media Tablet. Sorry if thats the wrong name to call them but I am 80% sure they are not Tablet PCs. I was lookign through some iPad clones but no site or forums really helped me. This forum seemed helpful so I decided to ask here too.

I am lookign for a Tablet that will do 2 things.

1) Have that slide feature of ipod/iphone /ipad so I can shuffle and read books or whatever else book like

2) Play Video files so they will be watchable. Internet and stuff are secondary (well being able to access internet and shuffle through some pages is a good feature for when I am lazy to turn on the PC or when I go to a local cafe and I want to look something).

I just need basically those 2 things. And no I do not want to play the videos in HD quality. Just play them in a plain watchable quality.

I do not really know the differences between the Android versions but whatever is better then I will go with it.

As for the price.. I would say somethig nup to 200$ (I will in Greece so postage will kick it up probably), but whats cheap is not the best. Still I just want mainly these 2 things.

Thanks for all the help that will be provided. Have a wonderful day ^^

Ok so I decided to get a Media Tablet. Sorry if thats the wrong name to call them but I am 80% sure they are not Tablet PCs. I was lookign through some iPad clones but no site or forums really helped me. This forum seemed helpful so I decided to ask here too.

I am lookign for a Tablet that will do 2 things.

1) Have that slide feature of ipod/iphone /ipad so I can shuffle and read books or whatever else book like

2) Play Video files so they will be watchable. Internet and stuff are secondary (well being able to access internet and shuffle through some pages is a good feature for when I am lazy to turn on the PC or when I go to a local cafe and I want to look something).

I just need basically those 2 things. And no I do not want to play the videos in HD quality. Just play them in a plain watchable quality.

I do not really know the differences between the Android versions but whatever is better then I will go with it.

As for the price.. I would say somethig nup to 200$ (I will in Greece so postage will kick it up probably), but whats cheap is not the best. Still I just want mainly these 2 things.

Thanks for all the help that will be provided. Have a wonderful day ^^

My advice, would be firstly to save up as much as you can! Then buy the most reputable and well built device you can. At the end of the day, you only get what you pay for. And, unless you want to be writing emails, posting plastic bricks half way around the globe or pulling your hair out, when you could be playing with your ePad, then do not jump in straight away. Try to buy with protection, use Paypal or a credit cart which provides a similar protection service. There are lots of cloned tablet buyers who will never see another penny of their money again but, they do have really nice door stops:(

The best China tablet, which is really cheap and works well, would be that of the Ibex tablets, but the company that deals with these are abroad. However, these seem to be good devices once personalized to the owners particular desire. These range from about $150 to $200-ish US.

To be honest, why don't you just try and, buy a used high spec device with android already on from a reputable dealer, who offers money back guarantees. Be careful on Ebay or Amazon, as ways of buying new low spec tablets, these are FAB sites but, there are some really shady characters out there, who abuse these great institutions. Especially selling the cloned China sub-standard tablets, these dealers will go to any ends to get you to buy their products. :eek: By the time you realize you have a brick, it's usually to late. Research as much as possible first, before spending your hard earned money so you do not just go rushing out and, make an impulsive purchase.

Perhaps a Motorola Zoom or Asus Transformer, or for budget buys the ibex Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 10.2 from ChinaGrabber.com because they have a good support network through ApadTV and this forum. Another tip, try to purchase a tablet which has a nice high internal memory at least 16Gb so you have plenty of room for apps and their meta data. Then maybe select a tablet with a recent, up to date processor, such as the Nvidia Tegra 2 1Ghz. Devices with these processors will easily be able to run future releases of the Android operating system such as Honeycomb. Remember, this market is moving so fast, that what is good one day, is a living hell the next so take care in spending your hard earned cash so try to future proof your self in your investment. Always, try to read some reviews about a device first!

Good luck and, be careful;)

Finally, if you want iPad feel and touch, then why don't you just, bite the bullet and buy a iPad!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones