• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root want a new keyborad

Upvote 0
Which rom are you on? I'm on superclean and it came with 3 keyboards:Swype, Android and Samsung.

In addition I have the gingerbread keyboard
Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

And also, better keyboard from the market.
Go download Better Keyboard 8.0 beta now!! Better Android Apps

Total of 5 keyboards, you shouldbe able to find one you like! The links are just to show you what the keyboards look like. Better keyboard is available in the market.

thanks yeah i think i had the gingerbread before so ill use that one,
i'm using the stock 2.2.1 right now.

thanks again

Upvote 0
i'm torn between paying for swiftkey, better keyboard, and smart keyboard pro =/

trying to swiftkey trial now. tried the smart keyboard one too. I do like how I can change the was smart keyboard looks, but i've heard good things about swiftkey

grr yeah i know it's only a few $$, but it still feels like an important choice to make. Too many apps that I hardly use after paying some money for them.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips. I ended up going with SwiftKey. So far I'm loving it, though there is a slight learning curve. Not really 100% with it yet, but I'll get there. =D

Update us with a review or at least impressions soon, if you can. I liked SwiftKey on my trial, and the reviews speak for themselves. However, I could not help myself from mistyping with such a small spacebar. However, I love it in portrait mode. I would use it in portrait only with keyboard manager but it is the only keyboard that causes keyboard manager force close issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones