• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want incredible battery life? (OFFICIAL HTC INCREDIBLE BATTERY THREAD)

how are you guys getting the % numbers is there somewhere that shows you actual percentage?

I downloaded a battery app from the marketplace that tells me how much of my battery life remains, and also the health/temp of the battery.

I'm sure someone here could recommend a really good battery app, I just downloaded a simple one called Battery Indicator.

Upvote 0
I have done pretty much all of the above, my battery seems to really be great on this phone after I did this:

Everytime I add a new application I reboot the phone it seems to reconfigure itself or at least it seems like it has.

The first several days my battery would drain very fast, yes I know it could be just the cycling of the battery, but if you have done that, do a reboot of your phone then check it again.

Phone turned on and on unlocked homescreen, hold power button until screen shows "turn phone off" click that selection on screen and then hit power button after it completely shuts down to reboot < incase you don't know this already lol

Upvote 0
not too good with cell phone batteries, but was curious as to if anyone could provide a link to a good battery upgrade for the incredible?

thanks

Many people have reported improved battery life with this battery:

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris to Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

It doesn't require an additional battery cover because it's more or less the same physical size as the included battery :)

Hope that helps,

dt

Upvote 0
I didnt see this in the original post, or maybe I missed it but here is another tip.

Your phone automatically log's you into GTalk. Go into the app and go to setting and uncheck automatic login, now to to the logout setting and logout.

Now its not going to show your logged into google talk all the time. This may help with battery life.

Upvote 0
Someone PM'd me to ask me how the results were going with my new TP2 battery that I've had for a couple of days. So I thought I would share with everyone in case anyone else is interested, so here goes.

Keep in mind, I'm a very heavy user. I'm an eCommerce Director so I get a couple hundred emails a day. I've probably had about 100 of those so far today and I'm connected via Active Sync to our corporate email with direct push enabled. I also have my Gmail connected and my Yahoo checking every hour. I also have the native facebook app and bloo facebook app going (one for personal, one for work). I also have Twidroid running and checking every 30 minutes. It checks two accounts (again, one personal and one work account) I've only spoken on the phone twice dotay and probably only for a total of 5 minutes. I have forced my screen to be 50% brightness. I have no BT or WiFi enabled. I have also read my FeedR RSS reader several times this morning and checked the AndroidForums via TapaTalk a couple of times. I've also tooled around in a couple of other programs like my TD Ameritrade app and PageOnce office Assistant checking balances and such. Oh, yeah and I updated 3 programs and installed a new one (DropBox's new App, LOVE IT! :D)

So here's where I stand. I'm on my 2nd day (cycle) with the TP2 battery and my phone says I've been "unplugged" for 5 1/2 hours and I have 65% battery life. So by my estimation I will be at about 50% at 7 hours. That means I'll get at least 14 hours of heavy use out of it and that's only after 2 charging cycles. I imagine that I will end up at around 15-16 hours after 5 or so charging cycles. With the standard battery I would get 8-10 hours and that's after the "typical break in period". So that's a pretty good increase.

Even so, I did just order the Seidio 1750 mAh to give it a try. I'm not satisfied unless I have juice to spare and I ran out at 9:30 last night in the middle of replying on the forums of all times. Lost about a paragraph of thumb typed text :(

But that's it for now. I hope you found this helpful. I should have my Seidio battery by next Monday or so, and I will put that through it's paces. By then I will know for sure how well the HTC TP2 battery performed.

Upvote 0
I just bought a Verizon femtocell (Network Extender), since the signal is pretty cruddy in my home office. I was getting less than 8 hours of battery life (with light-moderate use), despite heeding some of the advice in these forums. Even my BB Storm sometimes struggled to make it 16 hours on days I was home. Will be interesting to see how much more battery life I get as a result of being bathed in a strong signal.

Upvote 0
I had an HTC Eris and recently purchased the Incredible. Let me first say that I love this phone. Great screen, perfect combination of form and function, much easier to type on then the Eris. But this battery thing is killing me.

The Eris would last almost all day with normal use, some talking some texting, reading email and light browsing. The Incredible is lucky if it makes it to the end of the work day.

WHy can't HTC just put a 2100mh battery in their phones and save us all the bitching!!

Upvote 0
I'll make this quick. Told by a VZW tech that charging the phone using a car charger should be done sparingly and in short bursts so as not to fry the battery or lessen its life. Anyone else ever heard about this?

Car voltages are erratic. They normally range from 10-14V, which is ok, but voltage spikes are common and that means damaging your phone and battery. If you have to charge it, I would recommend only connecting it to the phone when the car is running or with accessory ON. Cranking an engine or shutting off an engine may cause voltage spikes.

Upvote 0
Car voltages are erratic. They normally range from 10-14V, which is ok, but voltage spikes are common and that means damaging your phone and battery. If you have to charge it, I would recommend only connecting it to the phone when the car is running or with accessory ON. Cranking an engine or shutting off an engine may cause voltage spikes.

This and:

It should also be mentioned that the connection can rattle loose a bit, and causes the charger to kick on and off a bunch...which is very bad.

Remember...those outlets were built only to light cigarettes, the whole charging electronics with it is pretty new and the technology has not caught up.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been asked already, I read the initial post but did not read through all the comments.

This is in regards to the initial charge htc recommends, 8 hours, this seems odd to me. On the actual wire it says estimated time for a full charge is only 4 hours, so what exactly is happening in those extra 4 hours? That's assuming the battery is fully discharged right out of the box, which I would imagine it is not and has some charge to it.

So is anything happening after the phone is fully charged? I'm going to fully charge the phone while its off right out of the box but really don't see the need to keep it on for 8 hours, unless it takes 8 hours to fully charge.

Upvote 0
I cycled my battery 5-6 times and I still get abysmal battery life (5-6 hours) but I am also a heavier user of data than most (twitter, email (3 accounts), gps etc). I am just going to have 3 USB charging cables for home, car and office. Once it's out I will probably get the 2150 mah battery as well (don't care about the added bulk or having to buy another case.

The other issue is the reception. Since it's reception is pretty lousy the phone works when it shouldn't. In my office the Droid was at about -70 dBm to -80 dBm and the Inc is around -97dBm to -101dBm. 3G goes in and out as well. In my office I don't need any of the data but still. It's 2010 people and people who pay for data should be able to get data.

Oh well. Still loving the phone and can live with those to issues.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been asked already, I read the initial post but did not read through all the comments.

This is in regards to the initial charge htc recommends, 8 hours, this seems odd to me. On the actual wire it says estimated time for a full charge is only 4 hours, so what exactly is happening in those extra 4 hours? That's assuming the battery is fully discharged right out of the box, which I would imagine it is not and has some charge to it.

So is anything happening after the phone is fully charged? I'm going to fully charge the phone while its off right out of the box but really don't see the need to keep it on for 8 hours, unless it takes 8 hours to fully charge.

I think the initial 8hr charge is to calibrate the battery meter on the phone. I have no evidence or anything on that. It is just my guess/opinion. I ordered my incredible last Friday (so I am not expecting it for a few weeks) and when it arrives I will charge it 8 hours for the initial charge. After that I will charge it until the charging indicator represents green, which is fully charged. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
i turned off wi-fi and the mobile connection, but the phone still wont sleep.

things listed in "battery use details"
htc checkin service
android system
settings storage
accounts & sync
vpn services
acccount and sync settings
settings
checkin service
network location
rosie utility
system updates
sync feeds
brcmbluetoothservices
htc widget download manager
com.android.incrediblec
setup

running services:
calendar
obex service
touch input
touch input
google
gtalk
media
mediascannerservice
sync service
syncservice
htc message uploader
uploadmessageservice

Upvote 0
Besides the GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and Web Browsing, you may consider your battery signal, when the phone has a poor signal it use more power to maintain and pull that signal to remain connected. You might consider If you downloaded many 2nd and 3rd party Apps they might be CORUPT and interfering the OS.

I know i experience the poor signal battery drain with my DROID last year, i stood at a hotel not realizing my signal strength was weak and when i got up the next day, i found my battery was nearly drained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones