• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help want my original x10 keyboard back! Plz Help!

waterhoover

Lurker
Feb 20, 2011
Hi everyone, I recently tried the single click rooting process UniversalAndroot to try in rooting my SE x10 phone and a few other one click rooting apps. They all failed and so I gave up and decide to leave it, however I believe that the rooting process has altered my default keyboard to the old andriod keyboard!:( I checked online and it definately is not the original stock version. I've tried repairing it via SE PC companion back up suite but it hasn't changed. If anyone knows how to return it back or has an apk for the original keyboard please let me know

thanks

have you tried re selecting the sony one back on?
long press in any text window ie. search or sms window and select input method, that will allow you to change the keyboard, provided its still on your phone...

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/77556278.png/
Yer I have, when I click on the default input, it shows a grey and white keyboard(as show in the link above), not sure if this is the current x10 keyboard cause I thought it was deep black and white...

I have no other keyboards other than the andriod, chinese, korean, and japanese keyboard as the choices and they are definaitly not the x10 keyboard

Upvote 0
Thanks for yor help steve & for the file but it seems it says its already installed and I can't uninstall and reinstall it :(, I'm guessing I'm going to have to root my phone beforehand to bypass it,

just got a question thought, once I root my x10, is it possible to unroot it back to its original unrooted state or not? Also is there currently a easy method for rooting and eventually unrooting the current x10 2.1 andriod with the latest update of dual touch included?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones