1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support want my original x10 keyboard back! Plz Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by waterhoover, Feb 20, 2011.

1. waterhoover

waterhoover Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi everyone, I recently tried the single click rooting process UniversalAndroot to try in rooting my SE x10 phone and a few other one click rooting apps. They all failed and so I gave up and decide to leave it, however I believe that the rooting process has altered my default keyboard to the old andriod keyboard!:( I checked online and it definately is not the original stock version. I've tried repairing it via SE PC companion back up suite but it hasn't changed. If anyone knows how to return it back or has an apk for the original keyboard please let me know

thanks

Advertisement

2. wynney666

wynney666 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    PC Technician
    Sheffield, UK
    have you tried re selecting the sony one back on?
    long press in any text window ie. search or sms window and select input method, that will allow you to change the keyboard, provided its still on your phone...

3. waterhoover

waterhoover Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    http://img155.imageshack.us/i/77556278.png/
    Yer I have, when I click on the default input, it shows a grey and white keyboard(as show in the link above), not sure if this is the current x10 keyboard cause I thought it was deep black and white...

I have no other keyboards other than the andriod, chinese, korean, and japanese keyboard as the choices and they are definaitly not the x10 keyboard

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The keyboards mentioned are the ones available on 2.1. Maybe you had an installed keyboard like the HTC_IME one or maybe one from the market.

5. Stuu

Stuu Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Purchasing Assistant - Stainless Steel
    Bristol, UK
    Here is the original SE keyboard.

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

waterhoover and wynney666 like this.
  6. waterhoover

waterhoover Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Thanks for yor help steve & for the file but it seems it says its already installed and I can't uninstall and reinstall it :(, I'm guessing I'm going to have to root my phone beforehand to bypass it,

just got a question thought, once I root my x10, is it possible to unroot it back to its original unrooted state or not? Also is there currently a easy method for rooting and eventually unrooting the current x10 2.1 andriod with the latest update of dual touch included?

thanks