1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Want to buy tablet for Spotify and Sonos

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by boramsing, Sep 18, 2016.

1. boramsing

boramsing Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    I looking for advice on what Android tablet to buy. I will only have to serve one purpose: Hanging on the wall, loged into Spotify Premium and playing music on the Sonos speakers over Spotify Connect.
    It will basically be the music system for the house.
    However, I dont know enough about the different models.
    Can any of you give me advice on what tablet to buy, that can preform this task?

Regards
    Ramsing

Advertisement

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Member
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    How does the Sonos system connect? Wi-Fi? Bluetooth?

3. boramsing

boramsing Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    Via wifi.
    Regards
    Ramsing

4. makaiguy

makaiguy Member
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    You only need Wi-Fi connection, not digital data, so that will save some money. You don't need Bluetooth, apparently, but I'd expect about any tablet of recent vintage would have Bluetooth anyway.

Screen issues:
    How big a screen do you want to have hanging on your wall? You might want to check out the Sonos and Spotify apps to help you decide how much screen real estate you'll want/need.​

Will this sit unattended for long periods of time with a static Spotify or Sonos app on the screen? If so, you might want to avoid screen types that are prone to image burn-in, like AMOLED, unless you plan to let the tablet blank the screen when unattended.​

If you go for a Kindle Fire, decide if you are willing to put up with ads every time you start up. If not, be sure not to get a "with ads" version.

As a suggestion, go to swappa.com and see what they have available in used/reconditioned name brand tablets. If it were me, I'd rather do that than buy some new el cheapo unit with little or no maufacturer's support and low likelihood of ever getting any updates.